-5 years-

[Evans POV]

I wake up and Taissa isn't in my cradle anymore. The light is shining through the curtain, signalling morning but panic still runs through me. I hop out of bed and quickly jog down the stairs.

"Tai?" I say, rearing a corner until I find her in the kitchen with Quinton, bounding in her arms. Her back is to me and it doesn't seem like she heard me in the first place. I smile and come up behind her, wrapping my broad body around her back and kissing her neck. She giggles, twirling around to return the kiss. Quinton gurgles, unsure of whats going on and I take him my arms. Small light brown curls crawled on his soft head, brightening his plump face.

Taissa has her back turned to me again and I peer over her shoulder, she's texting someone. "Who ya talkin to?" I ask, beginning to bounce Quinn a bit. She doesn't reply to me, so she must be concentrated. I look again and read the name 'Devin'. "Is that the guy that you went out with?" I say very quietly, still no reply. "TAI?" I say raising my voice, making her and Quinton jump.

"Yes, yes, yes." She mutter and taps into the phone again. I feel a pang of jealousy, as I set Quinton down in the high chair.

"Please down ever do it again, baby I love you." My voice feels low and calm but inside I want to scream and maybe even cry.

"Ev, look I'm not going to." Taissa says, still not even turning around.

"Why are you still texting him?" My voice is risin again as I scurry over beside her, trying to get a good look at what she's saying. "Limme see."

She instantly grabs the phone, looks at me. Her eyes look, small, wounded, guilty. But then she turns off the phone, opens up the bottom cupboard, and tosses it into the fermented compost. "I wouldn't do that to you again, see."

I wrap my arms around her, running a hand brought her silky hair. It smelt of coconuts and vanilla. "Thank you" I whisper, kissing her lips Quickly. But I have to divert my attention from her because Quinton is crying. And I can't stop thinking about that phone.

But it looked like she meant it.
And she did mean it.
She meant It for 5 years.