Bluff

[Evan's POV]

I took Olivia upstairs to her room after she had calmed down. I was almost positive she had a panic attack. Her little eyes were slowly seeping out tears but she looks mentally exhausted now. I laid her down on her bed, taking a seat beside her and brushing my hand through her blonde wavy hair.

"I don't wanna do that again." She whispered, her voice trembling. I sighed. "It felt like somebody was suffocating me." She explained, looking at me closely. "Why was mommy so mad?"

"She's just got a lot going on so she's stressed out." I hummed, remembering hearing her little scream when Taissa's fists came at me. I still couldn't get over that she tried to hit me. And apparently neither could Olive.

"She was punching you." I shook my head.

"I stopped her. She was upset. It wouldn't have hurt, she's scrawny." I tried to make a joke out of it but she didn't even smile.

"You don't hit people when you're upset." She mumbled, tracing little imaginary lines on my jeans.

"She shouldn't have done it. But I'm okay." I assured her, leaning down and kissing her head. "I'm gonna check on mom." I told her then got up shuffled downstairs. Quinton stood at the end of the hallway, leaning against the door frame. I walked up behind his glancing over his shoulder at Taissa who was holding her head in her hands.

"What happened?" Quinton asked my quietly, the curls on his forehead covering his lines of worry.

"Olivia had a panic attack." I sighed, watching his eyes widen.

"She's only a kid." He blurted, standing up straight now.

"We're all under a lot of stress and I guess it's just getting to her a lot more than us." I shook my head unable to believe it either.

"Shitty." He said under his breath and I let it go too. Because he was right. This was shitty, everything and anything was shitty about it.
He took a deep breath, stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking upstairs. I stood in the doorway for a few minutes before she looked up, a guilty look on her red face.

"Evan-" She started but I held up a hand shaking my head. I was still angry. She went to hit me. If I did that to her she would be out the door and gone for the night. "I'm sorry." She managed to squeeze in, holding a hand to her forehead. "I'm so so sorry."

"I'm sorry for saying what I said. But seriously?" I shook my head, "you had to hit me?" I was trying to brush it off so we didn't jeopardize anything.

"I won't do it again." She whispered, her lips trembling. I nodded, sitting down beside her and and pulling a arm around her. The warmth from her face heated my chest when she leaned against it.

"We need to start making Tessa come out of her room." I hummed, running a hand down her head. She nodded against me. "It isn't healthy for her to be up there."

"She's really upset." She said her voice still wavering.

"I know." We sat together like that until she sat up, pushing the hair from her face. She didn't look a day over 20. I searched her face for any sign of ageing and I literally couldn't find any.

"What's wrong?" She asked, her forehead having creased.

"Nothing," I said, smiling a little kissing her forehead. "Just like looking at you." She smiled at me before getting up, and tugging my hand. "What?"

"Let's go upstairs." She tried to pull me to my feet but I didn't budge.

"No." I sighed, shaking my head. She frowned. "All the kids are home and up there. Just wait until tonight." She sat back down, groaning. Then she crawled on top of me and we made out for a little, the feeling of being a teenager again lingering between our lips as all our worries were pushed behind us for those few minutes.

*********************

[Taissa's POV]

"Hold on." Evan said, his cold hands touching my bare waist, holding me still while I sat onto of him.

"Wh-" I began but he put his fingers against his lips. He froze for a second, and I shivered.

"I thought I heard something." He said, and nodded for me to keep going. I kept to Rhythm of our breaths, pursing my lips to keep from moaning. I gritted my teeth when Evan stopped me again, this time squirming until he pulled out and sat up. Aggravated I pulled the blankets around me. "Our door just opened a little bit, I am telling you one of them is out there." He whispered, staring at the door. It would be to dark to even see out there from here.

"There's no one out there." I growled, grossing my arms.

"Taissa." He said, trying to tell me that he was serious. I pushed myself off the bed, stepping towards the door. I was about to reach out when I heard the familiar floor creak outside. I pushed open our door, expecting to start yelling but there was no one there. So with the towel pulled around me I immediately strode over to Olivia's room, her door was always open. The small nightlight illuminating the room a pink colour. I saw her small figure in bed rising me falling steadily. I went over and stood over her, peaking at her face. Jealous out and then went for Tessa's since it was closest. I pushed open the door, she seemed to be asleep too. When I walked over, and touched her heel she mumbled something incoherent so I left. Then I crossed the hall to Quintons room. When I opened his door and walked in he appeared to be asleep. But the sick feeling my stomach told me he wasn't. I peeled back his covers, he didn't have a shirt on. He never liked wearing on to bed since he was little. He had sweat pants on but there was a noticeable tent poking from them. I clenched my stomach, turning my head.

"Stay in your fucking bed." I whispered only loud enough for him to hear in his fake sleep daze. Then I scurried out and back into bed.

"Well?" Evan ask glaring at me, and I shook my head. He sighed and ushered me back over and I dropped the blanket.