It Was Time

[Taissa's POV]

When I get to Vera's to pick up Quinton she makes me stay for another half hour and I end up telling her about the whole situation. She somehow knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" She says randomly. I hadn't even been acting out of the ordinary.

"What? What do you mean?" I blurt out, feeling anxious about telling.

"Just tell me what happened." Her voice is firm and I spit out the whole story right there. Quinton was off playing with Vera's son, Fynn somewhere else in the house.

Vera sits there, completely open mouthed watching me. She looks very disappointed. "I can't stand it, When I look at Ev I feel guilty" I say, crying gently. "When I see the kids I feel guilty."

"Oh Taissa, Taissa, Taissa. " She says shaking her head. "You need to stop seeing him. This is the same guy from 5 years ago!"

"I can't stop he threatens to tell Evan."

"Just ignore his texts. If Evan finds out from him though he's gonna be crushed."

"I don't know what to do." I whimper, feeling phone buzz in my pocket.

"Tell Evan. Ok Hun?" Her eyes are fixed on me, then I nod. I felt as if I were about to throw up, the stress making me feel exhausted. I push away year with the back of my hand and get up.

"Quinton." I call out, getting him to come downstairs. Vera eyes me, poking around to see what I'm thinking. I flick my eyes away as I hear two pairs of feet.

"Aunt Taissa!" Fynn says giddily, quickly running over and hugging my waist quickly.
I shake my hand through his hair messily when he lets go.

"Hey dude." I reply, flashing smile at him before, turning to Quinton who was a lot smaller than Fynn since he was 10. His completion was also a lot younger, wide, sunken eyes, plumper lips, rosy cheeks. I was going to hate it when he grew up, right now with his dirty blonde hair he was pretty darn cute. (Dudes I know he is only 5 in rl but remember we skipped the 5 years after she cheated) "You ready?" I say to him, he nods quickly and begins to run to the door. "Say goodbye" I have to remind him. He hugs everyone and then we leave, driving home and quietly just chatting about his day. Which was filled with dinosaurs and monster trucks.

When we get home it nearly 5, Evan has already made a supper of spaghetti. We all sit down together, and eat our meal, and then it's only an hour or so before the kids go to bed. I put them to sleep, reading a few stories and what not until Tessa fell asleep and then I sent Quinton off to his room. Then it was time. My heart began to race. I put on some pyjamas, and then began my way down the stairs. My head spun, threateningly, I was that stressed. Evan sat on the couch, now looking very concerned.

"What's wrong babe." He asks, as I get closed he takes my hand and pulls me on the couch, a small smirk on his face.

"I have to tell you something." I whisper, keeping my eyes on his.

"Are you pregnant again?" He chuckles but when he see's the look on my face he stops. "Are you?"

"No. I just need to tell you something Ev. You have to remember I love you. " I say, squeezing his hand as I begin.