-Released-

-Just an update to refresh everyone's memory. Taissa is 24 in this, since she was 19 when she had Quinton, making him 5. Evan is 28 and Tessa is 2. And I have no idea what time of the year it is so lets say it's August-

[Taissa's POV]

*Three days later*

Evan is able to come home now. The wound in his shoulder from being shot was healed as much as it can in the hospital. Devin still was not found, if that even was his name. I gave the investigators my phone to track down the number but there's no IP address to locate it.

"Taissa?" Evan laughs, but he watches me concerned from outside the car. We're sitting in the driveway of our house, I guess I'd zoned out. "You coming inside?"

"Oh, ya." I say, unbuckling my belt and hoping out. I lock the car, and run up to Ev so I can open the front door, while he's holding Tessa against him with his good arm. The sun beamed in through the door as it opened, Quinton rushing inside. I sigh, feeling on edge about the whole Devin thing.

As we step inside Tessa whines about being hungry. She was irritated because it was 1:30, which was around her nap time. Evan hands her to me since he was unable to multitask with one arm in a sling. She wraps her chubby little arms around my neck, holding on tightly. "Hung-y" She mumbles softly, keeping her head on my shoulder. She was super tired, everyone was. We were running back and forth to the hospital

"Shh" I hum, rubbing her back as I walk to the kitchen. I take out a bottle of her milk from the fridge, and she snatches it from me instantly closing her plump lips around the opening. Evan watches from the doorway, his dark eyes following me intently. I smile at him before taking Tessa up to her bedroom and setting her down in her crib while she's still taking long sips from the bottle. "Try and get a little rest." I whisper, she just stares at me when I leave.

Quickly I trot down the stairs, and lay myself down on the couch. I could have taken a nap for myself. I look down at my jeans as my phone buzzes. I fish it out, gritting my teeth as I see the name.

Devin: Hey bby

I start to breath heavily as angry and panic swells through me. It as your fault. Tears swell in my eyes as I drop my phone bringing my hands up to my face.

"Taissa?" I hear a smooth voice from the other room, heavy footsteps and then Evans by my side. "What's wrong babe?" He lifts up my back with his one arm so he can sit down and then he gently lies me back down on him. I bury myself in his chest, breathing in through his thin shirt and leaving small dabs of liquid from my tears scattered around. He runs a hand through my hair, calming me down instantly. My breathing resides to slow deep gasps.

"He still is trying to talk to me." I whisper, unable to speak, for if I did it would turn into another crying fit.

"Limme see" He says calmly , still playing with my hair. I reach around until I find it and hand it to him. He sighs. "Just don't reply to him Tai"

"What if he comes back?" My voice trembles again. Evan kisses my head before speaking.

"He won't. He knows that we've told he police about him, so he knows that we know that he's been using a fake name." Evan soothes me with his deep voice.

"I've ruined everything" I mumble, and Evan objects seconds later.

"No you haven't. We're all still here together." He says, trying to cheer me up. "I love our little family we've made."

"Quinton saw him shoot you" I blurt out, my voice breaking away. I feel him shift uncomfortably now. "I don't think he's okay Evan. I told you he seemed distant before and now he's saw that." He groan softly, a pained sound hidden behind it.

"Where is he anyway?" He says, his voice quieter and not as confident as before.

"He's up playing." I say, rubbing my eyes. Evan sighs slowly, shaking his head slowly, Now he was stressed out too.