Uncovered

[Taissa's POV]

Evan nudges me awake and I groan angrily, pressing my face into the pillow. Light from the ceiling shown down on us, making me squint. I glance over my shoulder to the door as a voice begins. "Can you go talk to her?" Quinton stood in the door, bare chested, glancing at me. When we both don't speak, not understanding he continues. "I tried to talk to Tessa, but she's in her room crying. It's like 1am, I have school tomorrow." Evan is on his feet before I could even make a decision, his large baggy pyjamas bouncing with his movements. I grow tense, laying my head back down and hoping Quinton would rush back to his bedroom but he decided to stay in the door frame, holding his arms up against the top. He resembled the spitting image of Evan, from the hair to his body. I could see him point to the floor from the corner of my eye. "Were your pyjamas uncomfortable?" He chuckles and I glance at the floor, growing red as I remember kicking them off last night before climbing into bed with Ev.

"Quinn, go to bed." I mumble holding onto the sheets, with a tight grip. He skipped forward, a amused smirk on his face as he reach at the bottom of our bed and gently tugged on the covers. "Stop it! I don't-" He tugged quick and hard. Even though all he could see was my ass his face lit up. My heart was in my throat trying to reach for the sheet without letting him see anymore of me. He lets a out a last chuckle before tossing the sheet back at me and I pull it over myself. "You are in fucking trouble." I whisper trying to act tough but I was terrified that Evan would walk in.

"Tell on me, why don't you?" He backs his way up to the door frame again.

"Your father would flip out." I watch him. Letting my own lips show a smile. "Maybe I will tell him." His expression turns slightly sour at the sound of that but raises again as there were footsteps coming toward the room. "Night Mom." He spins around, saying the goodnight to Ev to before he comes in, looking upset. He settles himself down on the bed, sitting above the sheet. His right hand pinches the bridge of his nose before rubbing over his forehead.

"Did she talk to you?" I ask, nuzzling my head back down into the pillow. He slides down next to me, putting an arm behind his head. I could vaguely hear a muffled cry come from the hall.

"If you count being told to go away as being talked to, then yes." He sounded irritated as he closed his eyes. "You need to try and talk to her - I have to go to a shoot tomorrow so I need to get back to sleep."

"Can't it wait until morning." I groan, knowing it couldn't but it was 1:30 in the morning. I push the blankets off of me, grabbing the pyjamas on the floor and wiggling into them. My cheeks were still warm from embarrassment but Evan didn't notice, thank god. I slip out of the room, going across the hall to Tessa's already hearing the cries. "Tessa?" I say gently, walking in and shutting the door tight. She glances at me from her bed, shaking violently. She was crying hysterically, it was that bad.

"Go." She moaned into pillow, choking in air. I sit on the opposite side of the bed as her, feeling incapable of helping, it was one of the worst feeling to not be able to help your child. I needed her to tell me what was wrong in order to help her!

"I'm not going to force you to tell me what's wrong. Okay? But I need you to take a deep breath and calm yourself down." I watch as her back rises deeply and then falls, her breath shaky. She was still crying but now it wasn't so loud that everyone could hear it. "Have you slept at all?" I ask and she lifts her head shaking it. A sigh escapes my lips - she was going to be wrecked for school tomorrow. The four bruises that were on her arm the night before were still there, they were so noticeable I could see them in the dankly lit room. Who the hell gave her those. It was just the two nights ago I was up here and she was in her room crying, something was really wrong. And she skipped school yesterday without us knowing which was totally out of character along with all these break downs. Tessa used to be such a bubbly and happy kid. She uncurled from the ball she had herself rolled into, just laying on her bed now. Small tears ran down her face, thankfully silent now. I lean over and kiss her on her forehead, running my thumb on her cheek to wipe away the tears. "Just try and get some sleep okay?" She nods, watching as I turn around to leave. "Goodnight."

"I love you." She whispers, her voice hoarse and unsteady. My lips curl into a smile, as I take the handle of her door.

"I love you too," I gently close the door and walk my way back to bed, flicking our bedroom light off as I walk in. Soft quiet snores creaked out of Evan - he had some how managed to fall asleep that quick. I lay on my back, wide awake now, thinking. My mind stuck thinking of what could have happened to Tessa. And also when Quinton had came in and dared to pull the covers off of me.