Another 5 Minutes

>Guyyysss I start 10th grade on Thursday so it's gonna be my first day of high school and I'm freaking out so if I don't update a lot I'm so sorry. ILY<
[Taissa's POV]

"Hey, what's in the bag?" I heard Olivia from behind me and the crinkling of a plastic bag, but I was quick and darted to it before she could see the pregnancy tests I had bought for Tessa. "I wanna see." She began to pout, her blue eyes frowning with her mouth.

"Get away, there's nothing for you." I blurt, anger coming out in my voice even though I wasn't. Too much stress filled my head and it was clouding my emotions with a gross film. Olivia shrank down in the stool she was propped up in. She'd finally come around again after being so upset over what happened to Tessa and I just ruined it. I set the bag down away from her and then leaned over the counter, lifting her chin lightly. "I didn't mean that, honey."

"Why do you have to be so mean?!" She mumbles spitefully, hurt creased in her small forehead.

"I'm just worried about everything that's been going on." I let go of her soft chin and run around to hug her. The small blonde curls tumbling onto my shoulder as I wrap my arms around her. "I'm going to go talk to Tess, alright?"

"Okay." She almost chirped, sounding better again. I let go and grabbed the white bag again and rushed through the hallway and up the stairs.

"Mom?" I hear right before Tessa's door. Quinton stood outside his bedroom, shirtless. I never noticed that he had a 6 pack before. "We haven't spent anytime together lately."

"We've all been cooped up in the house together for the last day what do you mean?" I watch him smirk, half laughing at me pretending I didn't know what he meant.

"Come in." He whispers, kicking his door open. I began stepping forward and then felt my face flush, stopping mid step. "Dad's gone for the afternoon." I shake my head, pinching the skin on my arm with my fingernails out of anger that I had moved forward.

"Tessa," I called out, turning around so that he couldn't continue the conversation. Her door was just across the hall so I pushed the door open. She glanced at me when I walked in, her face worried and then back down to her phone that she held. I closed the door behind me, a nervousness lingering in the air. I didn't want to give her the test but I had too. "Whatcha up to?"

"Nothing." She mumbled, not looking or sounding impressed as I sat down beside her. She looked at me, her eyes glistening with fear when she held her phone out to me. "Look," Her voice changing to a hurt tone. My fingers clasp around the clammy phone as I read some of the posts to her Facebook page.

Hilarious, was this staged? Your parents taught you how to act!

Sluts these days.

I can't believe you'd make porn.

Each one had a link to the video which I didn't dare press play. We were going to end up moving if this didn't end, we can't let this happen. It would tear her apart. It's disgusting how anyone could write that on a kids page. If she was crying in the video like Quinton had said then obviously it wasn't agreed to. I snapped out of the confused and angry thought when I heard a whimper beside me. Instinctively I pull her close to me, kissing her head.

"It's no good to go on your phone, no one is going to understand for awhile." I hum as she steadies her breath.

"I can't go to school tomorrow, or the next day or the-"

"I don't expect you to go for awhile." I nod, giving her a squeeze and wait until she was done crying. Then I push open the flimsy bag that sat next to me and pulled out a box then held it out to her. Tessa looked bewildered for a second seeing what was happening, but then she took it looking unsure. "It's not hard just read the instructions - you'll have to wait 5 minutes but if you need help I'll wait right here." I tried to keep a confident look on my face even though this was one of the most painful things I'd ever done. She looked so young being hurt like this but she nodded and got up leaving me to wait for her.

In another five minutes I'll know if my 15 year old daughters pregnant or not.