Don't you grow up

[Taissa's POV]

My hands feel like prunes as I dry them off on the rough hand towels after washing the dishes, we needed better ones. I feel a hand tug at my arm, and I glance down. Olivia glances up at me, a pair of purple pyjamas fitted on her. "What would you like?" I hum, my lips smiling. She flashes her teeth at me, her facial expression looked like she was happy and angry. I laugh questioningly. "What are you going through?" She draws her lips in a straight line, looking at me disapprovingly.

"I was showing you if my teeth were clean or not!" She mumbles, as if I was supposed to know. My legs drop so I'm squatted next to her. She folds her arms, pulling up her lip so I can see her teeth again.

"Looks good." I smile, tickling her sides to make her giggle. She still enjoyed all the attention of a little kid even though she was 10. The height she had grown still made her seem a lot younger than she was. Her small painted fingers crawl themselves into mine as I stand up. She swings her arm, pulling mine into motion while we walking out into the hall and to the stair case, so I can put her to bed. Tessa races down the staircase, a purse slung over her shoulder. "Slow down!" I warn her, startled from almost being trampled. Her eyes look around awkwardly as I notice how dressed up she was. I had to stop myself from trying to pull down her red crop top that was no where near touching her white and black polka dotted skirt. Her hair was pulled up into a bun, a few stands in the front left down and curled.

"I'll be back around 9." She squeaks out finally facing me.

"Where are you going?" I ask, trying to keep the anger out of my tone, she'd never informed me that she was even leaving.

"To the theatre." She sighs, then proceeds to throw back her head groaning as I press on.

"With who?" I gently lead Olivia up the stairs so she can go lie down before I come up. I sit down on the second bottom stair, waiting for Tessa to respond.

"My boyfriend." She glances out the window as a car honks outside. "Mom, I have to go. I already told dad about this," I nod, still a bit ticked off but I let her go. She leans over and hugs me before she leaves. "Love you."

"I love you too," A small smile forms as I watch her leave. Why did she grow up so fast. Now I make my way upstairs, turning into a pink room. "Don't you grow up." I joke, as Olivia watches me smiling. She holds a book out to me as I sit down and read about Cinderella.

*******

I let myself fall into the couch, forcing the air from the cushions. Evan was sitting in the arm chair, chuckling at me. I barely seen him all day, although we were in the same house. He had to take a bunch of calls about upcoming films, and I was running the kids places. Olivia's dance class was today, and Quinton was gone to an 6 month early grad party, which I knew was an excuse just to go but I didn't stop him. "Since when does Tessa have a boyfriend?" I wince, it had been bothering me ever since she said it. Should I have let her go out with that on? How much older was he than her if he could drive? Who was he? The questions were relentless.

"I only learned yesterday." I hear him get up, and then he lifts my head up so he could sit with me. Once he's comfortable I lay back down, my head resting on his knee.

"We don't even know him," He runs his thumb gently down my cheek, as I look up at him. He looked as worried as I was. "He could be a-"

"I know" He silences me, not wanting to think about what I was going to say. "He's probably a nice guy Tai; Tess is smart." I nod along with him, still feeling unsettled. He turns on the tv, watching some horror movie that I had to turn my back to, the frightened me to much. And after awhile I just fell asleep.

>Okay guys next chapter is gonna be from Quintons POV and I'm pumped to write it!<