-Probably Sick-

>I feel bad that I keep skipping time but it'd be impossible to write this whole thing without it. Quinton - 10 Tessa - 7 Olivia -1<

*1 year later*

[Taissa's POV]

"Mommy" A small high pitch voice whines as Tessa slumps into the room. I'm siting in the living room, a plump Olivia sitting on my lap. "I don't feel good."

"Come here." I say softly and she wades over , sitting up on the couch. Her cheeks were all red and as my hand touched her forehead it came off warm. I notice how much her curls have decided to fade as Quinton's had when he was the same age. It upset me, I loved those sweet little curls. Olivia had light brown ones right now, and I wondered if hers would leave like her siblings had. Tessa's big brown eyes stare up at me, looking completely different from Olivia's light blues. "What doesn't feel good?"

"My tummy" She pouts, leaning her head against me. I sigh, hoping the flu wouldn't infect us all as it usually did when one person got it. Ev was out for the day, doing something for a movie, he should be home soon though. Olivia, holds out her arms toward Tessa, grasping the air.

"You're staying away from her," I laugh, kissing her soft forehead. "We don't need you sick too." I figure I should probably give Tessa so medicine or take her temperature so I call Quinton in, who was almost five feet, pretty tall for his age. He runs in jumping onto the couch, full of smiles. Almost all his teeth had been lost and then grown back in, and thankfully they came back in pretty straight. "Could you take her back to her crib" I ask him, holding Olivia out to him, she just giggles as Quinton takes her carefully. I scoop up Tessa, my arms straining, she was a heavy thing for as tiny as she was. She wraps her arms around my neck, and pressed her forehead against my cheek like she used to when was little. I sit her on the island of the table, taking a thermometer from the cupboard and sticking it under her tongue.

"What's it say?" She asks after it beeps. I sigh looking at it.

"104" I sigh, and Tessa stares blankly at me. "You have a fever."

"What does that mean?" She asks as I wash the stick and then grab liquid medicine from the cupboard, measuring out the right amount.

"You're probably sick" I say and she takes the mouthful of medicine, smiling probably at how sugary it was. She hadn't been sick since she was a baby. Quinton shuffles in opening up the fridge. "What are you looking for?" I ask him, lifting her off the table and onto the floor. He shrugs, closing it back up.

"Are you ok Tess?" He asks, eyeing the bottle of medicine. The two got along wonderfully, which I was lucky for. Quinton was easy to get along with, he usually didn't want to argue, so he would let the fights slide. Tessa on the other hand had a mouth on her when she wanted to.

"No," She huffs, putting her eyes down. "I'm pwobably sick" She pronounced the R as a W, still not able to pronounce them correctly. Quinn frowned, putting an arm around her, reminding me of Evan. I smile to myself, feeling proud as he walks her out to the couch and then covers her up with a stray tattered blanket.

"Hello?" I hear Evan call, as the door shuts. I skip toward him, being greeted by two large arms that lift me off the ground. " I missed you" He whispers, kissing me gently.

"I missed you too." I smile, taking one of his bags he brought home in for him. He trails in behind me, setting down the other bag in the living room. His eyes lay on Tessa, who was trying to hide a smile when he came in.

"Daddy!" She says enthusiastically. "I'm pwobably sick!" The second time she repeated what I had said, Evan looks at me before knowing for sure that she was right. Then he kneels down next to her, whispering something to make her laugh.

My cheeks rise as I think of how wonderful my family was. At least for a few years.