Just Work

[Taissa's POV]

Quinton's been cooping himself in his room all day, after coming home stoned as hell. Neither of us are impressed with him so he's better off in there. He wouldn't tell us if that was his first time, and who he was hanging out with, so we let him go with a weeks grounding of course.

"Hey babe." Evan hums, hugging me from behind and resting his head on my shoulder. I smile, squeezing my hands against his arms which are fastened onto my stomach. I hadn't even know he was home - he was out working on a movie shoot.

"When'd you arrive?" I ask, feeling him kiss my cheek and it prickled, he needed to shave. He lets me go, but follows me as I go to get Olivia from the living room, it was suppertime.

"Just a few minutes ago, I picked up Tessa from the movies on the way back." He says. Olivia sits on the floor, her back against the couch watching some cartoon.

"Time for supper, hun" I smile as she glances at us, but then she shakes her head returning to the TV.

"I'm wathing Bubble Guppies." She pouts, pointing to the screen.

"Olive!" Evan pipes in, picking her up and tickling her until she's on the verge of tears. "Its supper time!" I quickly run to the bottom of the stairs shouting up to Quinn and Tess for supper. Making supper was a lot of effort with 5 mouths to feed. Olivia didn't much, she was a picky thing. Tessa was too, but if she liked it she'd eat a fair amount. Now Evan and Quinton loved to eat, they'd eat thirds some nights. When I enter the kitchen Evans dishing out the food, we had a system, who ever made the food didn't dish out the food, and then the kids took turns washing dishes - although half the time it ended up being me since Olivia just played in the bubbles. I sit at one head of the table, mouth watering as the spaghetti formed steam.

"Yum" Tessa grinned as she sat down next to Ev, her hair pulled into a pony tail. Her hair was barely curly, maybe a bit of wave but it mostly had been grown out of.

"What'd you see today?" I ask her, as she twirls a fork through the noodles. She furrows her light eyebrows, thinking hard.

"Boy-hood" She nods remembering. Good movie. Quinton shuffles in, avoiding my gaze. I think he was ashamed - but I couldn't tell.

"How was sitting in your room all day and being anti-social?" I say enthusiastically.

"Wonderful" He sighs while he sits beside me, shovelling the food into his mouth. Olivia was singing to herself quietly, ignoring her food completely. She'd sit at the table for another hour until it was gone, it happened every night. I glance at Evan, he's looking at his plate totally blanked out.

"Ev?" I say shaking him to life, he flashes me a smile. "What were you thinking about so deeply" I laugh, he shakes his head.

"Nothing, just work."

>More fillers. I'll put like links in the comments to pictures of like an estimation what the kids look like - okay :3 <