-Suprise Film-

[Evan's POV]

I wake up, light blinding me as it strewn out from the curtain. A heavy feeling was strapped around me as I sit up and see that Taissa never came home last night. I was worried, really worried. But I was also pissed, she had came home late the night before and now this. I blindly search for my cellphone on the bedside table, my eyes blurry from just waking up. I begin to call her, and no answer. It was only 7 but the fact that she didn't answer still scared the shit out of me. I sigh and pull myself out of bed, getting on some grey baggy sweat pants and leaving my shirt off. I run a hand through my hair, tapping on Quinton's door and peeking my head in.

"Get up bud." He grunts. "You're going to Vera's for the day."

"Why?" He cries out from his bed.

"I gotta do something today. Get up." I say as I go peek in on Tessa. I'd leave her to sleep, I wasn't going to plop her off to stay with Vera too, that would be a lot to handle play her own kids. I head to the bathroom, give my hair and teeth a quick brush and head back to get Quinton. I had to force dress him, since he wouldn't don't get up and send him down to have breakfast. I stride to Tessa's room and wake her up. "Hey Tess!" I say gently as her eyes open. She lays there stunned for a minute before she smiles goofily.

"DaDa" She giggles while I kiss her forehead, her thin brown curls bouncing against her head. I get her out of her onesie and replace it with a pair of polka dot pants and a long sleeve black shirt with kittens all over them . I smile as I set her beside me on the ground, and walk downstairs hand in hand. I grab a bottle of milk from the fridge and a piece of banana, bringing it to the car. Quinton runs behind me, wiping off some cereal crumbs on his cheek. We ride to Vera's and I quickly hurry Quinton in. I realize I forgot to tell Vera he was even coming. As she see's us walking in she looks down at him a very confused look on her face.

In a low whisper I tell her. "Taissa didn't come home last night from a business meeting, I'm going to ask her agent if she knows."

Vera nods slowly . "Sure, no problem. What about Tessa?"

"No I got her. He is more work, she just kind of flows with it. Thank you!" I chuckle waving goodbye. I jog back down to my car , hopping in he front and turning to say hi to Tessa. She is gazing out the window and doesn't care, but as we begin to pull away she whines.

"Me wanna go Ve wa" She demands with her small voice, unable to pronounce Vera.

"No hun, were gonna try and see mommy." I see her face light up in the mirror as she here's that. Tessa was a very well rounded 2 year old with how she liked us. She didn't really have a favourite, always excited to see both of us. While Quinton seemed to have more of a soft spot for Taissa. Once we arrive outside her agents building I take out Tessa, holding her so she looks out over my shoulder. Once we get inside a desk attendant asks ask what we'd like and I tell her I want to see Olivia. They send us up on the elevator and it dings on the third of ten floors. There isn't a hallway leading to the office, the elevator door just leads straight to it. Olivia's head pops up as she hears it ding.

"Evan!" She smiles, putting down whatever she was reading. "Come in come in."

"Hey," I say sitting down in front her desk, Tessa sitting there, hiding her face shyly. "Tess wanna go play with some toys?" I feel a small nod against my chest and I set her down pointing her to the corner with a few blocks. "Have you seen Taissa?"

Olivia furrows her brow. "No, where is she?"

"She didn't come home last night." I whisper so Tessa doesn't hear. "She said she had a meeting with a director, I assumed you'd be there."

Now she picks up her planner and roots through, then shakes her head. "She didn't have a meeting last night." The bit of anger I had was rising very quickly. "Let me give her a ring." She picks up her phone and clocks the speed dial. Seconds later she begins to talk. "Hi, I'm here with Evan." She pauses. "Yes Evan." Then she holds the phone out to me.

"Ev?" I hear Taissa say into the speaker.

"Where are you?" I say frantically.

"The meeting ran late, I stayed at a hotel next to the diner."

"There was no meeting Taissa."

"Yes there was." She says then her voice drops to a low whisper. "It's a surprise film, no one knows about it, my director is keeping it on the down low that's why Olivia doesn't know."

"You could have told me before!" I grumble, wiping the perspiration from my forehead.

"Don't tell Olivia babe. I'll be home in a few minutes." Then she hangs up.

I felt kind of proud that she found herself a surprise film though. She was turning out to be a great actress.