-Present-

*2 years later*

>So now Taissa's 26, Evans 32 (oh my god he's old), Quintons 7 and Tessa's 4. I feel like I should stop Taissa and Evan from aging and just let the kids age because I don't want them to get so oldddd<

[Evan's POV]

"Ev?" A soft voice says beside me. I open my eyes, squinting from the light pouring through the windows.

"Yeah babe?" I hum, turning over as resting my head on my arm to peer at her. Her dirty blond hair lay scattered among her pillow.

"Time to get up." She says, leaning over and giving me a kiss. I didn't have any projects on the go, but she was in the middle of filming a movie, luckily it was only like 2 hours away from our house. I had to stay home with Tessa while she was gone.

"What time is it?" I groan, pulling an arm over her. She nuzzles her head against my shoulder, mumbling the time, which was 6 am. "When are you leaving?"

"A half hour." She sighs, squirming from my grasp so she can hop from the bed. I get out too, not bothering to change from my sweatpants. I leave, needing to make up Quinton so he could catch his bus. I stride a bit down the hallway, until I come to his door .

"Time to get up, dude." I smile, turning on his light. I here him groan, pulling the blue covers over his head. He ended up having to go to see a therapist for after I had gotten shot. They diagnosed him with Post-Traumatic Stress disorder but he's stopped taking his medication, so he's better now. "You got school." I left him at that, knowing he'd get up.

I leave him at that, now that he was awake he wouldn't fall back to sleep. My hand pushed the door open to Tessa's room. We got rid of her crib and put in a single bed for her, which she now lay in. I chuckle to myself because she was only quarter the size of it. She was the lightest sleeper ever, as soon as I flicked on her light, her eyes popped open. She rolled on her back, rubbing her face drowsily. "Daddy" She said looking happy.

"Wanna come down and watch some cartoons for a bit." I ask, leaning against her door frame. She nods, still laying in bed. I turn back around to go down the stairs, almost bumping into Tai.

"Watch it" She laughs, pushing me playfully. I shake my head, a smirk sitting on my face as I follow her downstairs. Mo go straight to the kitchen,popping some toast in the toaster for Taissa and I. Then I get out two bowls and fill them with fruit loops, one without milk for Tessa since she preferred it without.
When the toast pops I put them each on a plate and begin to butter them. I feel Taissa wrap her arms around my torso, hugging me from behind.

"I don't wanna go" She whines, running her fingers against my bare chest. I spread some jelly on her price of bread before turning around to hug her back.

"You only have a few more shoots left" I whisper against her head. I feel her heave a sigh as I let go. She grabs her toast, sitting down at the table to eat. Quinton rushes down the stairs, sitting down next to Taissa. They start talking about his school, something every parent asks their kid. I bring him his cereal, as I sit down with them. Before long Taissa, pushes away from the table kissing each of us goodbye, but then getting Quinton up and ready to go since she's walk him out to the bus.

*********

I glance at the door as the doorbell rings, my hands soaked with dishwater. Tessa jumps from the couch, her curls bouncing goofily as she runs to the door.

"I'll get it!" She exclaims, pulling it open. She's silent for a moment but hen I hear the door shut behind her. "Daddy, I found a present." She giggles, running over with a pink bag.

"Huh?" I laugh, drying my hands on a dish towel. "Lets see." She hands me the bag and I take it over to the couch so she can see what's inside. I pull out the first piece of tissue paper, something was wrapped in it. It ends up being a pink hair clip which Tessa claims. I pull out another which has a little car in it. The next piece of tissue paper has Taissa's name tagged to it. As I open that one, I find rose petals. My stomach clenches knowing who this was from. I flinch as I look back into the bag and there's a pistol sitting at the bottom.

I wondered who that was meant for.