-Putto-

[Evan's POV]

Pain fills my shoulder as my eyes flutter open, a pale but now smiling Taissa peering down at me. Instantly I forget about the throbbing and focus on her face, the way her eyes swell up as her lips turn upright.

"Hey babe" She whispers, running a small hand through my hair. I give her a smile, wanting to hug her but the pain of movement in my arm was to fierce. I was sent to surgery right when I came into the emergency wing to remove the bullet.

"Where's the kids?" I furrow my brow worrying about them. Tessa was too young to understand how I even got hurt.

"In the waiting room with Vera." She says getting up to go get them. moments lasted she returns, Quinton running in first.

"Dad are you okay?" He says almost in amazement as he see's an iv sticking out my arm. I nod, hissing as he tries to crawl up beside me and using my arm as a hand hold.

"Be Careful on dads arm Q" She says sternly as Tessa is set down on my lap.

"Daddy?" She whined, staring at my arm with a worried expression.

"It's okay, Tess" I say holding my good arm out to her. She crawls up onto my stomach and down in between my arm and chest, snuggling against me.

"Wha happened?" She says, over pronouncing the d.

"I just got hurt hun." I say quietly, as Quinton jumps down, not being able to get comfy and resides to burying his face into Taissa's stomach. I feel a tiny arm, lay itself across my stomach in an attempt to hug me. I chuckle, kissing the top of her curly head.

"Excuse me" Says a deep voice from behind Tai, and I lift my head to look. A bald man, hurries in holding a brief case and takes a seat beside my hospital bed. "I'm Preston, an Investigator. I've been called in on your case."

"How come? We told the police the guy-"
Taissa starts off but now he interrupts, getting a serious look on his face.

"We cannot find anyone under the name of Devin Putto in all of New York" He mumbles, watching our expressions changing.

"I'll be back" Taissa says, gently pulling Quinton off of her and scooping up Tessa who shouts about being down.

"He worked at a bar called Puzzles" I mention eagerly. where could this man have left to?

"We checked, apparently no one even named Devin worked there, a man supposedly named Sam Putto did and quit yesterday." I can't believe what the investigator is telling me. I fear for it as well. "Another man quit from the Icecream shop where this Devin worked too and he went by the last name of Putto again."