Dug Up

[Evan's POV]

Once the police had shown up at Spencer's door they sent us home and said they'd deal with Sam, or Devin, whatever his name was. They also were going to stop by later to question Tessa. A lump sat in the back of my throat the whole time I was driving home. Taissa sat silently beside me, her eyes glistening with regret and hatred. Everything that had happened years before we'd buried but now it had been dug up again. I tried to make my self feel sorry for her, yet the only thing I felt was resentment. I pull into the driveway on a rough turn, and climb out of the car slamming the door behind me. According to Quinton everyone has seen the video of Tessa; how could we stay in town? We'd have to move.

"Hello?" A small, scare voice called down as I push open the door. Olivia sat at the top of the stairs, frowning. She'd been the one who told us about what happened, having been shown it on the bus earlier today. When she see's me glance at her she instantly is on her feet and bounding down the stairs. Her eyes were swollen and wet along with her face, after seeing the video she freaked out. A ten year old shouldn't see that kind of stuff especially when her sister was in it. "No one will talk to me." She whined while hugging me and pushed her head into my abdomen. I muss up her hair, sighing as I spoke.

"We all just need some quiet time to think, okay?" I hum softly and she shakes her head, pulling away from me with a quivering lip. I tried to hug her again but she spun around and ran back up the steps. I push a hand across my face, breathing through gritted teeth.

"Who was it?" Quinton asks, walking from the living room. I shake my head at his question, angry by having to thing about it again. "I have a right to know." His forehead creases as he furrows his eyebrows.

"No you don't," I growl, pushing past him, our shoulders bumping.

"Maybe if you weren't so oblivious to what we're doing half the time this wouldn't have happened." Quinton mumbled to himself, meaning for me not to hear it. Before he had a chance to apologize I was turned around and grabbing the collar of his t-shirt. My face grew hot as I stared at him, even though he was as tall as me he didn't budge. When the hell wasn't

"Don't you fucking speak to me like that," I nearly shouted, curls falling onto my forehead. "If you cared about your sister enough you would have told me as soon as you knew!" Any retaliation he had thought of was wiped from his head as he realized he should have. I expected him of all people to, he always had been the protective older brother.

"Jesus," I hear from behind Quinton. "Let him go Evan!" My hands loosens it's grip then finally pushes him away. Taissa was glaring at me, her lips pursed into a tight line. I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to lock up my anger then turn to walk away. "You two can't blame each other for what happened."

"Right, because really it was your fault." I started the sentence off strong, but as I spoke my voice got quieter deciding that I shouldn't have said it. I hated being mad at Taissa, it made me angry at myself. Quinton grew confused and began glancing between her and I before she took off up the stairs like Olivia had.

"How's it mom's fault?" Quinton dared to ask, his skin getting paler by the second. I ignore him since I couldn't tell him anyway, although he'd probably remember when I got shot. With long steps, I followed Taissa up into our bedroom, pushing the door open after she shut it behind her.

"Get out!" She hollered against a pillow, her small frame curled into a ball. I sat myself down at the edge of the bed, feeling it shake beneath me as she cried.

"I'm sorry," I said gently, looking down at the floor. "I was mad. The thought of him made me mad." I clench my fists, watching my knuckles grow white.

"You're right though" She shook, hands in her hair. "You're absolutely right." I searched my brain for a reply but really there wasn't. I was right. The creep probably followed us when we moved the first time. So instead of answering her I crawled up behind her and wrapped my arms around her body and ran my fingers through her soft hair until she was better.

Around twenty minutes later Quinton walked in making the door creak, with eyes wide. "The police are here to talk."