-I'm Scared-

[Taissa's POV]

"Quinton?" I call, sighing loudly as I lean my head on Evans shoulder. He rubs my side reassuringly. A pair of feet being running down the stairs, his eyes darting around frantically but they settle as he see's us. "Come here" I say gently, and he walks over in his dark blue pyjamas and crawls up on the arm of the couch, closest to Evan.

"What's happening?" He says quietly, his head tilted to the side as he questions. Evan ruffled his hair as he began.

"Are you okay, bud?"

"What.." Quinton furrows his small brows. "What do you mean?"

"You have been just really quiet lately" He hums, while Quinton eyes me. I didn't even want to talk to him about this, even though I knew we had to. The whole thing upset me. After he doesn't reply Ev asks him. "Did you see what happened with my arm?" I already knew he did, but even seeing his small head nod pained me. His eyes darted between us, a flicker of panic in his eyes. "Is that why you're so nervous Quinn?"

"N-" He begins to breath heavily and he purses his lips as they begin to tremble. I feel my throat tighten at the sight. I hear Evan let out a long sigh as he lifts up Quinton from the arm of the sofa and sits him between us.

"Hun, if anything is ever bothering you can tell us." I whisper taking one of his clammy hands. A small tear runs down his face but he keeps it placid. I run a thumb over it, making it disappear.

"You are safe here buddy" Evan says softly, looking up at me and the sadness that filled his brown eyes. "He knows to never come around here again."

"I'm scared" He whispers before loosing his control he has over his tears. His small hands run over his eyes, to wipe the tears but they keep getting replaced. He hides his face into my shoulder, out ragged breaths. I kiss his head, trying to get him to calm down.

Evan sits back, shaking his head and running a hand through his curls. "Holy shit Tai"

>I think we'll skip like a year or two next chapter maybe.<