- Ice-Cream -

[Evans POV]

"Daddy can we do something?" Quinton says as he bounds down the stairs into the living room where I lay. He shuffles in with his pj's on. It was about 4pm and he still was in the blue dinosaur covered clothes.

"What do you wanna do?" I say enthusiastically, trying to sit up but Taissa fell asleep curled up on me.

"I don't know." He whines, jumping up on the arm of the couch since there's no room to sit.

"Well let me get Tessa up and we can go for some icecream or go to the park." I chuckle, watching his small face perk up as I suggested the idea's. "Go get dressed."
I smile down at Taissa as he darts back to his bedroom. I shake her gently but it fails to wake her. "Tai?" I whisper in ear gently, as I sit forward, bring her sleeping body up with me. She begins to stir as I hear her groan softly. My arms are draped around her small frame and I find myself playing kiss on her soft cheek as she opens her eyes. She smiles weakly, her eyes trying to close again. "No babe, it's the afternoon. Lets go take the kids for Icecream or something." I feel her nod against my chest and I slowly let her go from the long embrace, she slides off my lap when I do. I get up and quickly jog up the stairs to get Tessa. She's staring at me, her small fingers steadying herself in the crib. "Hi sweety. We're gonna go out for a bit, lets get ready!" I say picking her up and changing her quickly. Once I'm back down stairs I see Quinton and Taissa at the door al ready to go.

"Hurry up dad!" Quinton cried, pursing his small lips. I held Tessa out to Taissa, and she took her while I put on my shoes. Then before I knew it we were almost at the icecream store. I swivel into the parking space and turn to the back seat.

"Who's ready for Icecream?!" I chuckle, watching them squirm in their seats to get out. Taissa is getting out and taking out Tessa. I hop out and open the door for Quinton, who bolts out immediately. As she enter the shop Quinton starts practically screaming out what he wants. Which was a banana split. Tessa didn't have a clue what there was to order, so she decided it was a good time to clutch Taissa's back and bury her head into it to hide her small head. I kneel down beside her and tickle her sides, which makes her jump into a fit of giggles. I look up and see Tai smiling down at us. "Guess you don't want any ice cream?" I joke.

"Daddy, no" She mumbles, her face turning into a frown. "Me want iceceam."

"I was jokin' Tess" I laugh. "How about a caramel Sundae?" She nods quickly, returning to hiding her face. I get up about to ask Taissa what she wanted but she already knew what I was gonna say.

"Wanna share a sundae or something?" She says, half a smile on her face.

"Hot fudge or strawberry?" I ask, feeling my own lips pull upward.

"Strawberry" She said, taking Tessa's hand off her side and gently pulling her off, them leaning down and picking the small figure up. I slide up the counter, Taissa coming up beside me, Quinton on the other side. The cashier came up, his black hair partially covered with a cap. His face flicks into a smile, I notice, following his green eyes gaze, that he wasn't looking at me.

"Hey Taissa!" He says enthusiastically. I glare at him, unsure of who he was. After I can't figure it out I look over at her. She looked super embarrassed. By what? Us? Her cheeks were flushed completely red, her eyes averted from all of us. As she hears her name, she turns, managing a weak smile.

"Hi.." She says quietly, setting Tessa down. "I'm going to go find a table." Quickly she scurries away with the small hand grappling onto hers. I turn back to the worker and decide he's probably just a fan. My eyes fall down to his name tag, Devin.

"What would you guys like? It's on the house!" He says, a sparkle in his eye. I spat out what we wanted before he changed his mind. Smiling, I thanked him. He was a cool dude.