Interrogation

[Evan's POV]

"Quinton." I call out, my voice firm as I round the corner into the living room where he sat on his phone. His face turned red, knowing I had just found out about Tessa. I hold out my hand toward his phone but he just turns it off, looking disgusted. "I want to see the video."

"I don't have the video." He stuffed his phone in the pocket of his jeans, keeping his eyes on me. I sigh, sitting down in an arm chair across from him. For being such a quiet kid he was sassy.

"Find it, I need to see it." I lean forward with my elbows on my legs as he shakes his head, eyes wide.

"What the fuck Dad!" He begins, pausing as he see's my face change to angry quite quickly. "You can't watch the video. I barely could watch , let alone you watching it."

"I need to know what happened." I take a deep breath, trying to keep my cool. "If it was forced, I need to call the police."

"It certainly wasn't wanted, she was bawling." He sat back on the couch, colour draining from his face. "You never see the mans face the whole video so god knows who it was. That she'll have to spit out."

"Why isn't she here? Where is she?" I ask, now my heart beat rising in my chest.

"She went to Spencer's" He says, leaving his mouth open. I stand up, hands in fists. It was probably him, Spencer. He was older than her, what was I thinking? Quinton jumps to his feet seeing my anger, and takes hold of my forearm. "I don't think it was him Dad. He's scrawny; the man was muscly from what you could see." I ignored him, pulling away and striding out into the hallway, rushing upstairs and into our room. Taissa was collapsed on the bed, shaking into the pillows.

"Honey." I say gently, sitting on the edge. "I need you to come with me, to her boyfriends house. She's over there now. And I wanna talk to him too ." She rolled over on her back, eyes red, but she still nodded. I take her hand, gently rolling her fingers between mine before pulling her up and off the bed and kissing her on the forehead. She followed me down the stairs and out the door to the car. I texted Quinton and got Spencer's address and then half sped the whole way there. His house was black with an orange trim, three peeks arching at the top with a dimly lit window on each. I glance over at Taissa, her eyes not as puffy as before but they still were shining.

"I'm going to k-" I begin, grabbing the door handle in a sudden burst of anger.

"Evan." She scolded. "You don't know that it was him. Sure, you can go in and question the kid but don't blame him." I let go of the door and grip the steering wheel again, tightening my fists around them until my knuckles turned white. "Send Tessa out to the car." Taissa says, and then I head out, walking up the wooden boarded steps and then rapping my fist on the door. It took a few minutes to hear some feet coming toward me but finally the door was pulled open.

"Mr. Peters?" Spencer says confused, his green eyes surprised. He held the door open, ushering me in and to a couch. "Would you like anything?"

"My daughter. And a moment with you." I tried to not look intimidating, but I don't think I kept the anger from my face because he gulped.

"Yeah, uh, sure." He twisted around, heading to the bottom of a large stair case and shouting up for Tessa and then he sat down beside me, coughing nervously. Tessa skipped down the stairs, her face white as she spotted me.

"Dad?" Her eyes were swelling up, sensing that something was wrong.

"Your moms in the car, just go out." She ducked her head and pulled on her Keds to scoot out go the car.

"So you heard?" Spencer asked his voice quiet now, and shaky. I nod and his head shakes. "It wasn't me. I know you think it was me, but it wasn't. I wouldn't do that to her."

"Then who was it?" His eyes drift from mine, trying to avoid my gaze. "She must have told you." The kid was breath heavily, almost like he was hyperventilating. "Do you know the person?"
He still wouldn't answer and perspiration was forming on his forehead. I push myself off the couch, annoyed that Spencer was wasting my time. "I'll be back later." Then I left, slamming the door behind me and working my way to our car. Inside it silent, when I glanced back Tessa was whimpering to herself. Taissa looked irritated now so I cut the quick talk and started the car.

**********************

As soon as we opened the door, Tessa tried to speed up to her room but before she could reach the stairs I grabbed her arm.

"Let go!" She screamed, turning around face me, her face pale and cheeks burning with a red fire. Her free hand collides with my arm, it didn't hurt just stung a bit so I kept my grip.

"We need to talk, now." I pull her I front of me so that I was between her and the stairs. Taissa didn't say anything just lead the way into the living room, pointing Quinton out when we shuffled in. Tessa sits down in the armchair, pulling her knees up close to her chest matching Taissa when she sat down.

"I'm sorry." She said slowly, her voice shaking but it stood firm for now. "Did you see it?"

"Olivia did." Taissa mumbled, her eyes pained. I felt the urge to hold her against me until she was happy again but I kept to myself except for taking one of her hands. Tessa couldn't help but let out a small tear when she heard.

"We need to know who it was," I keep my voice gentle and quiet but she only shakes head, burying her head into her knee's. "Tessa."

"No." She choked out, breath unevenly. I sigh, getting up and walking down the dimly lit hallway.

"I need to call the police then." Before my hand even touched the phone, she jumped up yelling.

"Stop it! I'll tell you." She cried, then broke down sobbing a the way with no control.

And in a few minutes after she told us, Taissa joined in on her cries and I had to pinch my eyes shut to stop myself from doing it to.