Mint Chocolate Chip

*5 months into the pregnancy*

[Taissa's POV]

This has been the worst pregnancy I've ever experienced. Quinton and Tessa were never this bad. I barely had a problem with them. But this time, oh this time. My back is killing me, I've barely slowed the nausea and vomiting since it began, I keep getting headaches and cravings.

"Mom" Quinton whines, stomping his feet as he storms into the living room. "Tessa won't share my toys"

"They're your toys, tell her to share or she can't play" I huff, sitting up and wincing as my back sends sharp pains though it.

"She won't listen!" He yells at me, jumping on his tip toes. He stops and cowers when he see's me getting ticked off. I guess he could tell too, because he just turned around and left. I sigh, a hand on my stomach as I lay back down on the couch again, my usual spot lately. I was bored out of my mind but I didn't have any motivation to do it.

"Babe" I hear, curls bobbing as Evan comes around the corner. "I got some ice cream for you." He smiles, kneeling down next to the couch and planting a kiss on my head.

"What kind?" I push a hand against his hair, twirling my fingers through it. He pulls a mint chocolate chip container from the grocery bag, and then pulls out a spoon from his pocket. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I squeal as he lays down beside me. I spoon a few pieces into my mouth before Evan wants a turn, which was fine with me beside my head was suffering from a brain freeze.

"This shit is good" He chuckles through mouthful. I nod happily as he gently glides some into my mouth.

"Fuck" I gasp, as I feel a excruciating pain in my abdomen. I squirm trying to subside the pain but it doesn't stop for another few seconds. Another one follows sending me into a small cry.

"Tai?" Evan says, putting down the icecrean and standing up. "What's happening?"

"Contractions?" I whine, unsure of why it was happening, as it was only 5 months into the pregnancy. Evans eyes looked terrified, as if the whole world was resting on his shoulders.

"Hospital now." He wraps his arms around me, and hoists my aching body against him. "Tessa, Quinton, get in the car" He yells, rushing out to the car.

*****

"Dehydrated." The doctor hums, running a hand over his forehead while looking down at tests. "Rare but they were just from being dehydrated. You and the baby are fine." He flashes me a smile, and I pull a small one back. "Just drink more water, Mrs. Farmiga."

"She will" Evan chuckles, squeezing my hand reassuringly. The doctor gave me some sort of drug to numb some of the pain so I felt tired and sluggish. I stared at Evan, the doctor talking but I couldn't concentrate. I wanted to just hug the shit out of Ev. The way he acted so protective made me feel all full of butterflies.

Even after being in love with the fool for 9 years.