Thoughts

[Taissa's POV]

We had just finished supper when I went to go pick up the dishes and a door slammed. Tessa was out with her boyfriend and was late again. I wasn't happy what so ever; she was 15 she couldn't be thinking she can walk in whenever she pleases. I think she knew she was in trouble to because she ran right in and tried to apologize. "I'm sorry, I lost track of time and then I had to wait be-"

"Tessa!" I raise my voice while turning on the tap to wash my hands. When I was finished and turned around she was standing in the door frame, white as a ghost. "This is the third time you've done this and the last. You don't call or text, for all I know you're dead!" I was surprised she hadn't tried to argue. Even when I stuck my semi wet hand for her phone she obeyed.

"Could a have a bit of supper?" She said quietly, her brown hair pulled up in a messy bun.

"There's none left. Your father ate your portion since we didn't know if you were eating there or not!" I shake my head, huffing. She stares at me for a second or two, hurt, but then turns around and heads upstairs. I felt bad about scolding her; she seemed sorry. But I had to stick to my guns so she knows who's boss.

****************

I sat watching Bates Motel, my eyes fighting to stay awake. Evan was out working on a project and I decided to wait up for him.

"Mom?" I hear a deep voice. "Mom." It's repeated so I open up my eyes. Quinton smiled as I sat up so he could have some room. Things still felt weird with him but I liked to try and act as if nothing happened. He'd always been the nicest to Tessa and I for some reason so it wasn't out of the ordinary. After he sits down he wraps and around me to pull me closer to lean on him. Nothing was wrong with that, right.

"Why don't you just go to bed?" He hums seeing that I couldn't keep my eyes open.

"No," I shake my head. I wanted to wait for Evan.

His hands pull through my hair gently, like Ev does. "That's alright, I'll stay up with you." I sigh, trying to focus on the show. It was interesting watching Vera play her part because there were something I could never picture her saying. "Mom?" He whispers in his warm voice.

"Yeah Quinn?" I mumble back,nuzzling my head against his shoulder.

"Have you ever," He paused, a hand that was in my hair now rolling down my thigh. "Have you ever thought of doing stuff with me?"

My throat catches as I freeze and become wide eyed.It was obvious by what he meant but better to be safe than sorry. "Like what?" I mouth.

"Like -Like." His hand began to raise from my yoga pants covered thigh. "Sex?" I couldn't move and I wanted to throw up when the broad hand grazed my bottom before sliding in between my legs. Thats when I half yelled and jumped from the couch.

"You can't." I say, horrified at how wet I grew from him. The thought made me want to run but for some reason I was stuck.

"But I do, I think of bad bad things mom." He whimpers. Finally I ignore him and turn to go upstairs, shaking. At the top I stop and take a deep breath, clenching my fists. That went to far. Way to far. I couldn't do that. I wouldn't. Would I? My thoughts are torn as I hear someone crying up here. My first instinct was that Olivia had a bad dream but when I checked on her she was fast asleep. I lean against Tessa's door, furrowing my eyebrows when I hear a cry. My hand instantly turns the knob gently and cracks the door.

"Tessa?" I say softly, sliding in and closing the door behind me. "Honey, are you alright?" Small white Christmas lights were strung above her bed which was the only light on. I could vaguely see her head drowned in a pillow on her bed. "What's wrong?" I whisper, tiptoeing over and sitting on the edge of her bed.

"Mom," She keeps her sobs to a quiet tone, knowing that anyone else in the house could hear her. "I'm sorry." I frown, rubbing her back slowly like I did when she was little.

"It was only supper, I just wanted you to come home on time." She looks up with red eyes, stopping her tears for a second and then she shakes her head, bawling now.

"It's not that." Her voice cracks before latching onto me and planting her head on my shoulder.

"What is it?" I ask, hugging her while she shakes. But she never replies, even when I ask her again and again.

But whatever it is, it scares her to death.