-Bar-

[Taissa's POV]

"This is Devin, I'm the manager at the bar 'Puzzels'. I think I'm here with your boyfriend? Evan Peters?" The man on the phone sounded angry.

"Yes this is she." I say nervously as I jump off the couch.

"Can you come get him?"

"He has our only car. I can try and call someone to get him." I run a hand through my hair, pacing back and forth. "What happened?"

"He's really wasted. Some guy and him got into a fight so he's currently knocked out."

"Okay. I'll have someone there to get him in a few minutes." I bite my lip as I hang up the phone. It was 1:30 am. The closest person to our house was Vera so I tried her.

Ring

Ring

Ring

"Hello?" Vera says, her voice in a whisper.

"Oh my god. Thank you for answering." I say frantically.

"Is everything alright?!" She yawns into the microphone.

"Can you come get me? Or can you come here for the night and stay with Quinton while I go get Evan? Please Please Please." I beg.

"Why, what's happened?"

"Evan was in a fight and is drunk. He's at a bar."

"Ugh. I'm coming." She hangs up. I sit down on the couch my head in my hands, trying stay awake, waiting for Vera to arrive. She just walks right in about a half hour later, still in her pink pj's.

"Thank you, so so so so much." I smile slightly as she looks at me grumpily. She throws her car keys at me.

"Where's the baby?" She asks, rubbing her eyes.

"Upstairs. Here's the baby monitor. Thank you again." I hand her the baby monitor and plant and give her a quick hug. I locked the door as I left in the her Mercedes. It took 15 minutes to drive to the bar. I jumped out of the car onto the wet pavement and strode in through the door. A few men were sitting at the bar and I saw a blonde Evan laying on the ground in the back of the room. Devin, the manager came over as soon as I entered. His black hair stood up in the form it was gelled as he talked.

"So you're Evans girlfriend?" His mouth was cut into a smile and surrounded by dark stubble in the shape of a beard. Devin's mood had certainly changed since I'd heard from him on the phone. I couldn't help but find myself attracted to him and his deep, soothing voice.

"Yeah. I'm Taissa." I say quietly as he follows me toward Evan.

"He was here with a few men but they left around 12"

I cock my sideways. "He didn't leave with them?" His green eyes shook answering my question, no. I kneel down beside Evan, dried blood stuck below his nose and his right eye is half black. I try and shake him. "Ev" It didn't even make him flinch. "Could you help me with him?" I ask nervously picking up his legs.

Devin picks up Evans upper half and we awkwardly sway him all the way to the car. I open up the back seat and Devin pushes him in so he's laying down. I shut the door once he's in. I turn to face Devin, who's glaring down at me, hands in his pockets.

"Thanks. This hasn't happened before." I smile at him kindly. My heart jumps a bit as he returns the smile.

"Ya, you owe me one." He winks at me, which made me think what it had meant. Suddenly he pulls a card out of his pocket and hands it to me. I stare down at it as he explains. "Call me sometime and we can have a drink or something" I furrow my brow looking back at the car, unsure if that was a date. "As friends" He adds quickly, I nod.

"I'll think about it." I open the drivers door. "Thanks." He waves goodbye as I begin to pull out of the parking space. I flick on my lights as I pull into the high way. I shook my head frustrated at myself.

I couldn't stop thinking about Devin.