Chapter Two

Selena

Arriving home i let out a long sigh and drop my keys on the kitchen counter. I hope Chris gets off soon, being home without him is ridiculously quiet. Plus i have to talk to him about tomorrow, he never mentioned it so i'm unsure if he knows he is going also? Walking into my bedroom i step out of my heels and pick them up, walking into my closet and lacing them back on their usual spot. I frown, wishing i had a bigger closet. Chris makes really good money, he could live on his own if he wanted to, but he says he's happy rooming with me, though i can't help but feel i'm this weight holding him down. As Mr.Horan's assistant i make a generous amount of money, if i were to get a place of my own though and all that it would definitely be smaller than where Chris and i are now.

Speaking of the feminine devil himself my phone goes off with a text. I grab it and walk into the living room and sit on the couch and unlock my phone.

Chris Fag: slut you left work and didn't tell me? You hooker.

Me: Niall let me leave early!

Chris Fag: you're still a slut and a hooker for not telling me asshole.

Me: get back to work faggot.

Chris Fag: I'll be home soon whore. 

I chuckle at his text but decide on not responding and letting him work. I lock my phone, leaving it on the couch i stand to serve myself a glass of water. As i grab my glass of water i make my way to the kitchen table, open up my laptop i have here and begin to just do a bit of shopping. Only thing i hate about shopping online, is the wait for the items to actually arrive. As i continue to scroll through the clothing my phone rings. I groan slightly and make my way back to the sofas and pick my phone up and answering it. 

"Hello?" I ask but it sounded a bit rude.

"Well hello to you too." She giggles.

"Mom?" I ask and pull my phone away from my ear to see it's her contact. "Hi! How are you?" I ask with a slight giggle.

"I'm fine honey, i just wanted to call you, see how you're doing. Are you busy at work?" She asks.

"No, i just got home, i got out early." I answer.

"That's good hun. So i wanted to call, to let you know you're sister is having a boy!" She beams and i smile.

"What??! Really? Photos mom! Why haven't you sent me photos!" I frown. 

"I completely forgot sweetheart we all just go excited at the appointment and went out to dinner to celebrate." She answers. 

"We all?" I ask. 

"Yes, your father and i, your sister of course and her husband, and then Elliot." She answers and i frown. I haven't talked to my older sister or brother in what is too long. And i haven't seen them or my parents in nearly a year. "I know what you're thinking so stop it." She says. "You've done nothing but make us proud. You have a good job sweetheart don't feel bad." She adds.

"I just miss all of you." I mumble.

"Well hopefully you still can fly out for thanksgiving honey, and Christmas." She says. 

"I'm sure i can, it's just i doubt i'll be able to say longer than two days." I pout.

"That's better than nothing Selena." She scolds and i chuckle. "So do you miss the good ol' San Francisco weather?" She teases. 

"A lot. It's always cold here." I laugh. 

"Oh honey i'm sorry i have to go" She says quickly. 

"It's fine mom, thanks for calling." I say and she mumbles an okay before hanging up the phone. 

...

As i finish cleaning the house which took me an hour i showered and am now watching orange is the new black on Netflix. "Dammit Chris." I mumble to myself wishing Chris would get here already. To my luck i hear the keys and the doorknob jiggle and i laugh when he nearly falls inside the apartment. "Whoa, careful there." I smile. 

"Big news Selena! Big news!" He yells as he locks the door and drops his bag on the couch. 

"Is everything alright?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows. 

"So tomorrow i hear you'll be coming to the Charity event tomorrow right?" He says out of breath.

"Yes?" I answer in confusion. 

"Well i was aware of some of the other famous business men will be there right, but little did i know the fucking king will be there himself!" He squeals. 

"Elvis?" I ask dumbfounded since it's something he'd squeal about. 

"Bitch really?" He pouts. "The fucking king!" He says slowly. "As in Harry Styles the hot twenty four year old, self made millionaire, New York's most eligible bachelor, owns like a shit ton of companies around the world, really hot- no sexy that mother fucker is sexy, brown curly hair, green eyes, dimples, six-one.. Is this not ringing a bell to you?" He asks frustrated after explaining.

"I mean, the name sounds familiar but i don't think i've seen him before." I shrug. 

"Selena he owns the building we fucking work in. Our boss? Yeah he signs our boss's paycheck! This asshole is top notch and he's going to be there!" He squeals again. 

"I'm assuming you have a crush on him?" I ask.

"You would be blind not to! And he's single! He's never had a girlfriend before! He's gone on dates but not like personal dates only as someones date to an event like tomorrow i bet the straight mother fucker is going to have some hot ass model linked on his arm." Chris frowns. 

"He'd be insane not to fall for you." I tease.

"Selena this is serious!" He whines and stomps his foot like a child making me laugh. 

"Well why is it such a big deal? I mean does he like, never go to these things?" I ask. 

"Barley! But he's going to this one and we're going to be there! I swear girl we gotta look hot i am not trying to look like a peasant in front of god himself." He says quickly.

"You're insane." I chuckle shaking my head. 

"Well we got to make sure you look irresistible." He smirks. 

"Me? Why me?" I ask.

"Because the dip shit isn't gay! He likes women, i don't get why but he does. So we have to make sure you look sexy so one of us gets him, duh!" He answers and gives me a look as if it were completely obvious as to why.

"Oh my god." I sigh shaking my head. 

"Not only is Harry going to be there but okay our boss Niall is only one of the five out of the sexy ass group. In order from most successful is Harry Styles, Zayn Malik, Niall Horan and the the last two both Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson run a company together. They're all millionaire so i mean order doesn't matter but Harry signs all their damn paychecks and can practically make them poor and have nothing ina  snap of his fingers." He explains. "Did i mention they're all British? Except Niall he's Irish but i mean we knew that." He chuckles. 

"They're all British?" I ask. "Why? Well not why- but like how did they expand here?" 

"No idea but i'm glad. Zayn's building is in Seattle, Washington. Only Harry and Niall work here. Liam and Louis' is in Los Angeles.But Zayn, Liam and Louis are working on moving their offices here to New York and i hope they do so all five of them can be together all the time. Oh my god they would fucking run this bitch." He sighs. 

"And you know all of this how?" I laugh. 

"Girl, someones gotta know the gossip." He smirks and pretends to flip his hair.