Chapter Eighteen

"Don't it hurt so bad, standin' in the sun. The bottom of your heart, you don't love no one,"

Song: When The Lights Go Out

Artist: The Black Keys

Selena

"Um well my favorite color is white." I answer simply.

"What?" He furrows an eyebrow. "Out of all the colors?" He asks. I simply nod and he grins slightly. 

"Your birthday?" He asks.

"July twenty second." I answer. 

"Hobbies," He says.

"Um, i like sports. Going on adventures that girls normally wouldn't be up for. I like dancing- i'm not good at it but just for fun." I chuckle. "And surfing." I add.

"You surf?" He asks and i nod. "So you could probably snowboard?" He asks. 

"I've never tried it, but i think i could it's basically almost the same thing." I shrug. 

"Things that annoy you?" He asks. 

"This is sad but this could probably take aan entire egyptian scroll." I shake my head smiling. 

"I want to know." He smiles. 

"Be a bit more specific." I tell him.

"Okay, things you don't like as in bother you and upset you." He says.

"Liars. People who hide things. When people say one thing but mean and do and show another. When they're incredibly secretive about things that aren't really that big of a deal." I answer. "It might be mean of me to say it so bluntly but i'm an honest person, i never hide anything unless it's family personal or something. Other than that i feel i'm open with my honesty. So i don't see why it's so hard for some people to return that when they expect it from me." I shrug. 

"That's understandable." He nods and i smile slightly. 

"First heartbreak?" He asks.

"I was eighteen. In high school i never really dated. Chris and I graduating two year early made us younger even though my grade said one thing, my age was different so the other kids were much older. I  was a freshman in college and i met this guy. Long story shirt he was my first everything but he never really liked me so i took it pretty bad." I answer giggling. 

"First everything?" Harry asks with furrowed eyebrows. I nod and i see him tense slightly. "As in what?" He asks. 

"Well everything. First kiss- and yes i didn't have my first kiss till i was eighteen. But he was the first guy i kissed, first guy i brought to my family, first date, first love, first heartbreak." I answer.

"And first..?" He says and i can sense what he's trying to get at.

"Yeah. First that too." I answer.

The rest of lunch was spent with him asking me questioning about myself and my childhood. He really got to know me because of that but what bothered me was i didn't get a chance to know him.We're currently on our way back to his office and it's been silent the entire time so far. Nothing but faint music playing. The song a bit edgy and i know i've heard it somewhere. 

"Is this The Black Keys?" I ask him breaking the silence.

"It is." He says with a small smile. Instead of saying anything further i nod simply then continue to stare out the window. 

When he pulls up in the parking lot he gets out of the car. I grab my purse and open the door and get out. As i step out i see him standing there with a frown. "What?" I ask.

"I was supposed to open your door." He says annoyed. 

I chuckle and close the door to his car and take the few steps until i'm standing in front of him. "I'm sorry." I say batting my eyelashes and rubbing his bicep. 

"Don't do that. That isn't fair." He says with a small smile. 

"Thank you for lunch. You didn't have to pay." I thank him. 

"I'm a gentleman." He says in amusement. He places his hand on my lower back as we walk from the parking lot to the front of the building. 

"Well, have a good rest of your day." I smile and begin to walk towards my car. I feel him grip my arm quickly. 

"You're leaving?" He asks. 

"You asked me to come for lunch and i did. You need to get back to work." I answer. 

"I don't have anything important i need to do." He says simply. "Come back up with me?" He asks. I hesitate at first but nod, giving in too quickly. He smiles and walks me into his building. We pass a few of his workers who give me odd looks. I grow shy over the looks they gave and kept my head down the entire time. 

Reaching his office he does his thumb print thing, the doors sliding open and he walks in as i follow behind. We walk inside and the doors slide shut after we enter. He walks towards his desk as i walk towards the seats in front of his desk. I place my purse on one as i sit in the other and cross my legs. He does a few things on his computer before standing up against the desk. "I want to apologize." He says and i furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

"For what?" I ask him. 

"Kissing you. That wasn't supposed to happen." He says. Suddenly making this awkward for bringing it up. I've been trying to avoid that topic the entire lunch but of course he remembers. 

"You can't blame yourself. I gave permission." I mumble. 

"But still. It wasn't supposed to happen. None of this was." He says and i tilt my head slightly. 

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"I was simply supposed to go on one date with you because of the auction. This- today wasn't supposed to happen. I don't know why i asked you to meet me here. I don't date. I'm no good at the whole romance thing and i don't want you to think i'm trying for you because i'm not." He says coldly. I can tell he's frustrated and that kind of bothers me. I'm suddenly feeling this is all my fault.

"I'm sorry?" I say in the form of a question. Not exactly sure what i'm apologizing for. 

"Please don't speak of the kiss to anyone. And as for today.. it never happened." He says. 

"Okay." I nod and stand up off the chair and grab my purse off the other.

"I didn't say i wanted you to leave." He says, sending me into utter confusion. 

"I have to be somewhere." I lie.

"Selena." He scolds. "What happen to you're an open and honest person." He adds.

"I won't talk about this to anyone. Today never happened. Don't worry about it." I give him a small reassuring smile before quickly turning around and walking over to the doors that slide open. 

"You can be, oh, so mean. I  just can't see, no in-between. You know what the sun's all about when the lights go out,"

Harry literally makes me weak goodbye.