Chapter Eight

Selena

They all smile and cheer lowly in response to my answer. Though i feel this odd queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. I actually agreed to be auctioned on some date. Why would i do that? I would blame because they were pestering me to but it's simple to just say no. So why didn't I?

"Well come on then we better get going!" Cara beams with a smile.

"Uh, where exactly?" I ask nervously.

"Over there." She smiles and points to behind her. I look over to see a group of girls smiling and chatting as they wait for what i'm assuming is the auction to start.

"Wait, so now? It's happening now?" I ask.

"Yes girl! Come on!" She smiles and walks over to my side of the table and grabs my hand.

"Chris i swear to god you better do something about this." I hiss at him as i stand up as she pulls me. I hear them all chuckle as Cara continues to pull me through the room and make our way over.

"Girls! This is Selena. Kendall bailed so she's filling in for her." Cara announces. They all smile and greet me asking if i'm excited. They're all crazy beautiful and i'm pretty positive they're going to make me look hideous compared to them.

As we stand int he corner of the room i see the man who goes by the name of Rick Waters approach the table Cara and i were previously seated at. They all look up at him and nod as he says something. They all laugh, including Chris and nod before he makes his way to the stage once again.

"Show time ladies." A pretty blonde smirks and they all squeal.

"Wait, so you've all done this?" I whisper.

"Yup, it's the same girls every year usually. You along with two other girls are the only new ones this year." Another girl with red hair answers.

"Every year?" I ask confused.

"Yup. They have this auction every year for the charity. They never actually say it's a date auction for the new business men who are barley coming to this event." The pretty blonde answers. "But the people who have been to this event plenty of times before already know what kind of auction it is." She adds smiling.

"Oh." I nod. "What about the men who have wives or girlfriends? Or the Girls here who have boyfriends or a husband?" I ask curiously.

"Only women who are single can be auctioned. And mostly only the single men bid." She answers and i nod.

"Don't be nervous." Cara smiles at me.

"Hello, may i have your attention." Rick announces and the people all turn in their seats and or just look up to the stage. "Rick here again, and now that dinner has been served and done for, i'm glad to say it's time for the annual auction." He says and people in the room clap. I look over at our table and see Chris clapping and talking to Zayn.

"Now my fellow men, take out your wallets, this year we have a few new up for bid." Rick smirks and a few men whistle as women giggle and clap as well.

"I don't think i can do this." I whisper to Cara shaking my head.

"Selena you're already here." She frowns. "Trust me, all the men here are polite and respectable. I've been on dates with plenty of them. And the ones who've won my bid are very sweet. The only one who you wouldn't want to go out with would be Victor Parks. A friend of ours use to do this and now she doesn't because he practically forced her into sex the night he won her." She says and my eyebrows raise.

"Are you serious?" I whisper.

"Yeah, but he rarely bids! So you have nothing to worry about. He hasn't bid in i think a year now." She smiles.