Chapter Sixty Eight

"I've waited a hundred years, but I'd wait a million more for you. Nothing prepared me for, what the privilege of being yours would do..."

Song: Turning Page

Artist: Sleeping At Last

(mature content)

Harry

I watched as she sighed to herself and ran a hand through her damp hair. She looked frustrated and it was obvious she was contemplating what to do. I watched as she looked up at the ceiling inside yourself again. It was when she brought a hand to her eyes that I realized she was crying. I was quick to approach her and cup her face in my hands as I frown at the sight of tears brimming. 

"Don't cry. Please don't cry." I say lowly. 

"I can't do this." She says with a shake of her head. "I can't do this." She repeats but in a whisper as if she were reminding herself and a huge part of me was praying that isn't what she was doing. 

"Yes you can baby I-"

"No Harry I can't. I cared about you a lot, I really did and somehow you always found a way to let me down. Whether it was with your actions or words you somehow hurt me over and over. I loved you and it hurt feeling like I was second. You always said you would prove to me but you didn't. I always came second like some backup when your main priority didn't go as planned and I don't want to be that. I'm not perfect so I can't say I deserve everything but I know I don't deserve to be a second choice." She says as a few tears fall down her cheeks. My thumbs being quick to wipe them away because I hate the sight. 

"It's not going to be like that anymore Selena. I promise. I know I've promised before but you don't understand how miserable I was. I felt like a Nancy boy. I felt alone. There was this ache in your absence, this gnawing void where you should be whether it was lying beside me or simply holding my hand. I felt empty. And don't ever say you're not perfect because in my eyes you are. You're more than perfect and you do deserve everything. You deserve flowers on your desktop and coffee in the morning and stupid lovey dovey notes on your dashboard. You deserve honesty everyday and someone to remind you how beautiful you are and how much you mean to them. I'll be that person to you. I will. I need you to know that I love you. I'm in love with you and you are the love of my life. My every feeling is controlled by the look on your face. I don't care if you're yelling at me about how stupid I am or annoying or any sort of insult as long as it's you. I'm trying my best to sum up my feelings but words can not describe how empty and alone I felt. I hated it Selena. It hurt. I remember growing up and my mum tell me love hurts and I never understood what she meant because I've never fell in love. Then recently you walked out on me. You left me. You ignored me and you did everything you can to avoid speaking to me or even looking in my direction and that hurt. That's when I knew what 'love hurts' meant. You acting like I wasn't even there, and every time you did speak to me or look at me I could feel the anger behind your stare or words. And I loathed it. I hated knowing how upset you were and I hated myself for being the reason behind it. I can't give up though. I'm to selfish to let you go because I now know what it would be like without you entirely and I'd lose my mind. I'd go ballistic without you. I need you babe. Selena you have no fucking idea how much I need you and I also need you to need me back. I can't lose you, I can't. I won't." 

By the time I finished I knew I had tears welling up in my eyes and it took nearly everything for me to not cry in front of her. I felt out of breath but that's because the words were spilling out of me in a quickness so she couldn't interrupt me, I needed her to hear me out. 

My body is sent into a sense of relaxation when I feel her hands on my biceps. She looks up at me with uncertainty in her eyes but nonetheless I can see a glint of relief in them. She surprised me when she stood on the tip of her toes and crashed her lips against mine. Her hands pulling me closer to her as my own hands moved down to her hips to hold her as close as possible. She kissed me deep and passionately and I did everything I could to savior this moment because this is the happiest I've felt in days, weeks even. My body was sent into the euphoria feeling of desire when she slipped her tongue in my mouth and it moved along my own. Without warning I let my hands grip the back of her thighs and lifted her up with ease, her legs instantly wrapping around my waist as he hands gently tugged on my hair. With out kiss still in motion I managed to make my way through her apartment to her bedroom, closing the door behind us with my foot.