Chapter Forty Two

"Give me love like her, cause lately I've been waking up alone. Paint splattered teardrops on my shirt, told you I'd let them go..."

Song: Give Me Love

Artist: Ed Sheeran

Selena

Sighing in relief after I get out of the shower I make my way into my room. I take my hair out of the bun I put it in so I wouldn't wet it, I washed my hair yesterday so no need to wash it today. It falls down my back and I groan as the natural waves. Why can't my hair naturally be straight.

I go to my dresser and pull out a matching pair of Calvin Klein underwear and bra. After putting them on I walk to my bathroom and hang my towel on the hook behind the door. Re-entering my room, I walk back to my dresser and pull out my long sleeved t-shirt dress. I bought it in a medium which is basically an extra large to me. It's a simple, long sleeved, dark grey, cotton shirt that stops a few centimeters under mid thigh. I close that drawer and open my top one and pull out a pair of plain black thigh high socks. After pulling them up, I grab my brush and brush through my hat to take away any tangles. God my hair is getting too long. My hair stops at the hem of my jeans, which is I believe twenty two inches.

Putting my brush away I check the time to see its twenty minutes until seven o' clock. I could use a coffee right now. Leaving my bedroom with my phone in hand i walk into the living room and drop my phone on the couch. Entering the kitchen I grab my black coffee mug and start up the keurig machine. After a few minuets I retrieve my coffee mug and walk back over to the living room.

Placing my mug on the coffee table I walk back into the kitchen to turn the light off. As I do I notice a new sticky note on the fridge. I grab it and read the note.

Out shopping. For food.. or clothes.. idk yet I'm debating. Won't be home till later x

I chuckle and throw the note away and turn the light off. Heading back into the living room I grab the current book I'm reading and sit on the couch. Bringing my legs on the couch beside me. I open up to where my bookmark was at and start reading.

About ten minuets into reading I hear the front door open. I sigh and close my book. Standing up I place it back on the bookshelf and grab my mug and take it to the kitchen. "Chris please tell me you went shopping for food! We don't have the thick bread for French toast!" I call out as I wash my mug.

I roll my eyes when I don't get a response. I always offer to help him bags but no he's rather take two trips. I turn the kitchen light off again and walk into the living room and gasp when I see Harry standing there. I place my hand over my stomach as I calm myself down.

"Geez what are you doing here?" I ask in annoyance due to my startled reaction.

"Chris left the door open." He answers.

"So you just invite yourself in?" I ask.

"He knew I was coming." He says simply.

"Well I didn't." I say as I walk pass him and lock the door. "Did you need something?" I ask.

"Yeah.. my date." He says as if I should have known. "You left without telling me." He adds.

"I know.." I mutter.

"Well why? I took you as my date and I felt stupid coming back to the table only for them to tell me you left." He says.

"I felt stupid sitting there by myself." I say lowly.

"Selena I told you I would be back. And I when I got there you you weren't." He says.

I scoff, "Harry I sat there for an hour uncomfortably. Waiting for you to come back and you never did."

"If you didn't want to be there you could have told me. Not just leave me. Especially after I introduce you as my girlfriend." He says and I huff in a chuckle.

"Well I'm not your girlfriend. I work for Niall." I Fire back.

"Selena, i told me parents and sister you are my girl-"

"Well they know we're not together i told them." I interrupt.

"Are you serious? I'm trying here! I leave momentarily and you just leave? I didn't have to take you! I could have gone by myself but i wanted to prove to you that you mean something to me!" He says raising his voice slightly.

"Look, i'm getting tired." I lie.

"Selena, it's seven fifteen." He sighs. "What did i do?" He asks.

"Nothing." I shrug.

"It's because i left right? Selena i had to go take care of something." He says in annoyance.

"Well i mean would it have killed you to tell me it would be that long? Harry your parents are sweet and so is your sister and her friends but i felt uncomfortable. You literally introduced me to your parents and left me there with them. I don't mean to make this a big deal but i just felt out of place." I answer.

"So that's why? Just because i left?" He asks and i nod. "Not because i was with Irina?" He asks.

"No." I lie. "You're friends with her just as i am friends with you." I add.

"Selena.. you and I are not just friends." He says.

"Harry there's nothing wro-"

"I'm petty sure people who are just friends don't casually go down on each other." He interrupts. My eyes widen slightly at how straight forward he was but i push the thought back.

"I'm gonna go to bed." I say lowly.

"Really?" He asks in an annoyed sigh. I nod and he runs his hand through his hair. "Come over tomorrow? I'll send Nick to pick you up." He says.

"I'll see.. i'll let you know." I answer.

He sighs and nods in defeat. I walk him to the door and he turns back and looks at me. He brings his hands to my waist and pulls me into him. His right hand cupping my cheek as i look up at him. "I'm trying." He whispers.

Not saying anything i simply nod once and he furrows his eyebrows. He leans down to kiss me but i don't kiss back. He sighs and rolls his eyes when he pulls away. He opens the door and walks out, running his hand through his his hair again. I sigh and close the door.

I hope i wasn't too hard on him.. was i even mean though? Maybe i blew this out of proportion and made a big deal out of nothing. I didn't want to say anything about Irina, because i don't know their relationship. Though i did feel somewhat dumb after seeing how cuddly he was being with her. But he's trying for me, so he says.. but i can't fight the thought in my had wondering if he's trying for her too.

"Give a little time to me or burn this out, we'll play hide and seek to turn this around. All I want is the taste that your lips allow, my, my, my, my, oh give me love..."

Will be updating again later! Sorry it's short my brother is here in San Diego visiting us so we're spending time with him! Sorry it's kind of lame and short i'll make it up with the second update later today!