Chapter Sixty Five

"My girlfriend's bitchin' cause I always sleep in. She's always screaming when she's calling her friends she's kinda hot though, yeah she's kinda hot though..."

Song: She's Kinda Hot

Artist: 5 Seconds of Summer (OK I'VE BEEN OBSESSED WITH THIS SONG SINCE IT CAME OUT)

Selena

My eyes widen the second his hands grip my waist and as I was about to ask what he was doing he leans down and kisses me. At first i felt nervous yet excited to feel his lips on mine but then I had to remind myself how he pushed me away and I can't just give in. I bring my hands to his chest and push back, only to have him pull my closer. 

"Harry." I say against his lips and push at his chest again. 

He takes the hint and pulls away, leaving his hips rest on my hips. "Kiss me." He says lowly. 

I huff and move out of his grip and sit down on my chair, trying my best to ignore what just happened and get back to work. 

"Bloody hell Selena isn't this what you wanted? For me to be devoted to you?" He asks. 

I look up at him with furrowed eyebrows only to see him completely serious. "Are you joking?" I ask. He shakes his head and I let out a small chuckle. "Look it's clear you're going through something. But whatever it is, it doesn't mean you can come to me as a last resort to make yourself feel better but try and make it seem like you suddenly want me again." I scold. 

"I'm trying!" He snaps. 

"I've heard that before." I mutter. 

"It was a mistake to push you away the way I did. I thought I was doing the right thing." He mumbles. 

"Ok." I say un-amused. 

"Selena I've been through shit this weekend alright. Cut me some slack." He says.

"Yeah I know. Chris told me he ran into you." I say with amusement in my tone.

"Yeah I saw him." He says lowly. 

I stand up to take some papers down to the mailboxes but as soon as I get up Harry is quick to rush in front of me and stop me. "Please move." I say calmly. 

"Why are you being like this?" He frowns.

"I'm not a second choice. You can't just come back to me because whatever reason you left me for didn't go the way you wanted it to." I answer. 

"But it's been you. I just wanted to build a relationship with my- Millie and turns out-"

"Look i need to do my job. You have your reasons and I completely respect that. You don't have to explain yourself to me you know that." I interrupt him. 

"Can you fucking listen to me for one god damn second without speaking!" He snaps. 

My eyes widen. His sudden outbreak intimidating me. But he isn't paying me for this so I don't need to stay and listen to it. I walk pass him towards the door without turning around. 

"She isn't mine!" He says. 

My eyebrows furrow just as the doors slide open. I turn back to look at him and see a pained expression on his face. "Who-"

"Millie." He interrupts me. "She isn't my daughter Selena." He says as he lets out a a shaky breath. 

I now feel like a total bitch for not giving him the chance to speak but I didn't think that would ever come out from him. I stare at him and my heart breaks when I see his eyes watery. He takes in a deep breath and lets it out. I drop the folders on the coffee table and walk back towards him slowly. When I stand in front of him I tentatively raise my hand to his bicep and rub my hand soothingly up and down as a form of comfort. I let out a slight gasp when he grabs my hand off his bicep and brings it to his cheek and leans into my palm and kisses my thumb. 

"I'm sorry." I whisper. 

"It's not your fault." He says back. 

"But I was being cold and I didn't know that tha-"

"Doesn't matter." He interrupts. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him. 

He nods and I crack a small smile. I was about to guide him to his desk but he stops me. "Not here. Come on." He says. 

"And go where? It's only one." I ask.

"I'm the boss." He smirks and I give a faint smile. 

...

"I still think it's a girly drink." I giggle. 

"You got it to hush." He says. 

"I'm a girl." I say and he rolls his eyes. 

"There is nothing wrong with strawberry lemonade and I'll stand by that." He smiles and I return one. 

"Whatever you say." I chuckle. 

"Thank you for leaving work." He says. 

"You're the boss." I mimic him and he smiles. I frown when he suddenly looks serious. "What is it?" I ask. 

He sighs and fiddles with his fingers. "I'm still trying to wrap my head around this whole thing." He says lowly. 

"So... she told you on Friday?" I ask. 

"Yeah. She told me it was important." He answers. "So um, I'm not gonna lie to you. A reason I decided to end things between us is because I wanted to be there for Millie. I even talked to Irina about her and I trying to make it work again for the sake of Millie.  As in.. try out our relationship again. I know it was a dick move for me to breakup with you only to try and get into another relationship with my ex but i was willing to for our da- for her daughter." He explains. 

"How did she break it to you..?" I ask hesitantly. 

He sighs and takes a sip of his drink before placing it back down. "She was acting off. Like you could tell she was nervous about something Then she went on and told me about the guy she had slept with after we broke up. When we got back together she never told me about him so it was my first time finding out. But i was the last person she slept with before she started seeing the symptoms. So she assumed it was mine. After that and we went our separate ways she kept in touch with him. I guess when Millie was younger he told her if she wasn't worried about the baby not being mine then to take a DNA test. So they did and it matched. She knew from the beginning she wasn't my daughter but still allowed me to give her money. She used me. Manipulated me. Made me feel guilty for being there for a child that wasn't even mine." 

I frown when he stop talking. Looking at his facial expressions to see he really is hurt by this. "Did you tell your family?" I ask.

"Yeah. I drove to my mums house the next day.. she was a mess. She cried and cried." He frowns. 

Unsure of what to say i reach my hand across the table and take his in mine. "It's gonna be okay. It's better she told you now, rather than Millie growing up and you growing so attached, or more attached." I say, hoping it could make him even the slightest bit better. 

He gives me a faint smile and moves our hands so they are now intertwined. He raises them and places a kiss on the back of my palm. He opens his mouth to speak but places another kiss to my knuckles before he does. "Come back to me."  

"They say we're losers and we're all alright with that we're the leaders of the not coming back. But we're alright though, yeah we're alright though..." 

Another update ☺ Not feelin this story anymore so it is coming to an end sooooooon.