Chapter Sixty Six

"You know what I mean, It's like walking in the heat all day with no water. It's like waiting for a friend watching everybody else meet theirs on that corner..."

Song: I've Told You Now

Artist: Sam Smith

Harry

It was Saturday night and normally I would be out with the lads at some club, getting wasted until I'm stumbling as I walk and slurring out my words. Or lately I would have been cuddled up on this sofa with a warm blanket around us as her head lied on my shoulder and her legs draped over my lap as I rested my hands on her legs and rubbed soothing circles on her thighs since she liked the way it felt and seemed to relax her. Lately everything I do somehow gets turned into comparison if she were here. 

Like when I was simply walking down the stairs the memory of us play fighting in bed came to mind. remember her smile as I kept tickling her sides, the way she fidgeted underneath me and tried prying me off and when she finally managed to do so she hoed out of my bed and ran down the stairs, me chasing right after her catching her half way down and picking her up over my shoulder and carrying her back up to my room to finish what we started. 

Or when I was cooking dinner for myself yesterday the thought of her came to mind and I could just picture her clearly in nothing but her underwear and my t-shirt that reached her thighs as she stood in front of the stove and cooked for us. I would always end up standing behind her wrapping my arms around her waist from behind and kiss at her neck in attempt to distract her as she was cooking. Remembering the way she would try to elbow my gut to get me to stop my affection so she didn't mess up or how she would sometimes give in and completely forget she was cooking, that leading to things getting pretty steamy and then the burning food being the reason for us to stop. 

She was invading my mind all damn week.  She was so cold towards me this week. She wasn't giving in for anything. Normally it didn't take much for her to forgive me, but this time she was really holding her ground. Being nothing but formal with me at work. Every time I called her Selena she'd correct me and tell me to call her Miss Carter. When I would try to call her Sel she would send me a scowl and find an excuse to leave the office. I haven't called or texted her knowing she won't pick up nor respond. They say that when you lose someone to stop at nothing until you get them back. But she was different. She was the type that when she says stop chasing it means stop chasing. Though she hasn't told me that yet her actions are showing me she wants me to. So I did. I stopped trying to reach her through the phone. 

But all week I've been wanting to talk to her at the office or show up at her house and let her know how bad I miss her. How empty I feel without her. How cold my home seems to feel now that I know she was the source of the warmth. Every night before I go to sleep I think and think and think. I play scenes in my head, practice the things I want to say to her, I have endless 'what if's', think of all the things I miss that she does, even all things she does that I hate and prepare to talk to her. Then comes the next day and seeing her walk in the office it all vanishes. Like a wave washing an imprinted foot step on the and off the shore. That quick and you wonder how it could go away so fast. 

Our relationship wasn't the best. It's not like we were together for an eternity, it was barley half a year. But it felt much longer than that. We spent everyday together. Literally because she works for me and we share the same office. Shed stay at my house day after day because I was to selfish and needy to let her leave. We'd see each other five days out of the week and on the weekends still I wanted to be surrounded by her and just have her close to me. 

Sitting on this damn couch and thinking of her too long I grab my phone off the coffee table and call her cell phone. Not exactly knowing why I felt the need but I did. It rings.. and rings.. and rings.. and rings.. and rings.. and am sent to voicemail. 

I dial her number again, and another three times, the same process repeating itself. Feeling frustrated I call Chris. It rings.. and rings.. and rings- god dammit it's gonna be the same-

"You've reached fuck boy recovery hotline this is Chris." His voice sounds after he picks up. 

Sighing I run a hand through my hair. "Chris-"

"If you're seeking fuck boy help press one, if you're a fuck boy and don't know why press two, if you just converted into a fuck boy press three and if you're calling because Selena isn't picking up please hang up and end this call now." He interrupts. 

I throw my head back in annoyance but decide to just let him go through with this so I push a button and hear laughter on his end. "That's gold." He laughs. 

"Chris I-"

"Wait what did you press?" He asks chuckling. 

"One." I say and roll my eyes as he laughs a bit louder. 

"I was expecting you to hang up but I know your ass wouldn't." He says now serious. "What do you want hot stuff?" He asks.

"I really really really need to talk to-"

"Me since you called my cell phone yes. Now what do you want." He interrupts. 

"No I need to talk to her please." I beg. 

"I know you've called her probably five to ten times before calling me and if she didn't pick up her phone what makes you think she'll want to talk to you just because you called mine?" He asks. 

"I don't fucking know what to do! I'm losing my mind I need to talk to her! I can't at work! She finds anything and everything to keep me busy so we're apart as much as possible! She even slacks off on her work on purpose so I can't bother her!" I explain. 

"Well I don't know what to tell you Harry she hasn't talked about you to me all week. Before she would then it was just her complaining that you're blowing up her phone but now it's like you and her never happened." He answers. 

"And that's what is scaring the shit out of me! Her acting like what we had was nothing!" I groan. 

"Well you sure as hell made it seem that way." He scoffs. 

"Is she home?" I ask. 

"No." He answers. 

"Chris please." I beg again. 

"She's not home really. She's out with that blue eyed beauty, Andrew." He answers. 

Andrew. 

"Of course." I mutter more to myself.

"Yup. Well I have a popcorn that just finished so I'll see you at work on Monday." He says and without saying another word I hang up and grip my phone tight in my hands to prevent myself from throwing it against the damn wall. 

I put my phone in my front pocket of my jeans and put my boots back on, grabbing my jacket off the couch and throwing it on before walking towards the kitchen, grabbing my keys off of the counter and leaving out the front door, telling Nick to keep an eye out on the house. 

"But what the hell why do you think I come 'round here on my free will? Wasting all my precious time oh, the truth spills out. AndI've... I've told you now..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I know it's been forever and you have every right to hate me for it. But my writing has improved and seeing how I wrote this story I wrote it so cliche like and I'm not exactly proud of it but I know you guys enjoy it so I promised myself to finish it for you. I haven't updated because I'm finding a way to end this while keeping the plot in place and not changing anything to drastically! Also I'm juggling two other books, Summer Love and one I just started today called Fanciful. Both Harry Styles because  he is my daddy. So you should check those out. 

Summer Love was basically inspired by the song because I heard it and I was like AH FETUS 1D then remembered how great that song is and then woop!, story idea. Fanciful just started- literally I just posted the first chapter today but it's more of a fantasy us fangirls wish we could have which is dating one of the boys lol. Buuuuut of course I'm evil af and will be adding my own little plot twists in there (;

Okay self promotion over enjoy this chapter. - B x