Chapter Seventy

"I was stumbling, looking in the dark with an empty heart. But you say you feel the same, could we ever be enough? Baby we could be enough..."

Song: Home

Artist: One Direction 

Selena 

The day has gone by and it's been eventful. Harry and I went back to his place and put all my stuff down before he practically dragged me out and forced me into the car. He spoiled me today, more than I would ever be comfortable with. Each store he insisted on taking me to he'd drop at least a grand on me. I teared up after the fifth store because I was concerned for his money and even though he simply laughed and took me into the next store I still had a frown on my face. 

He took me shopping for clothes, however it was by far too much. Completely overwhelming. Practically a second wardrobe. He bought me nice dressed, nice work clothes, casual everyday clothes, bras and panties, work out clothes and sleepwear. I kept asking why but he would just answer with 'because I love you'. 

"Can we please please please not go into another store." I beg as we walk out of the store we were currently just in. 

"If it were up to me I'd say no but you're lucky time is on your side." He says as he leans down and places a kiss to my lips before walking to his car. 

He opens the back seat and manages to squeeze the eight bags he has in his hands in the backseat that's filled with triple the amount of that. I roll my eyes and frown as I sit in the passenger seat. Once we're both in and seated and he's driving down the road he goes on about how I need to stop whining about him spending money on me and for me to suck it up and get used to it since it's going to happen frequently. He also mentioned that he's flying his mom down and suggested I fly in my parents and sibling as well. At first I tried thinking of an upcoming holiday but because It's August and the next holiday is two months from now I concluded it isn't for a special occasion. 

"Hey where are we going?" I ask once I realize we're heading further out into New York City.

"The Hamptons." He answers simply. 

My eyes widen and I'm quick to look over at him. "The Hamptons? Harry it's Tuesday Chris still doesn't know his damn way around Tribeca sometimes we can't just-"

"Shush." He chuckles as his right hand is removed off the steering wheel and he grabs my left one. Raising it to his lips and kissing the back of my palm and my knuckles. "It's all for a reason. So sit back and relax cause it's about a two hour drive my love." 

I smile at the pet name shyly. A small blush creeping onto my cheeks. He smirks slightly at my reaction and kisses my knuckles once more before resting out intertwined hands on his lap. His thumb soothingly rubbing up and down my hand. 

...

I was looking out the window like a child. Amused by the beauty that is The Hamptons. It's five thirty in the afternoon and once we neared the city area of it I got really excited and rolled down my window admiring everything. I don't question Harry because he's focused on the road and it's clear he knows where he's going. I've only been her once and it was with Chris. However we traveled here on a train because we came about a month after we moved to New York so we weren't as good on money as we are now. We didn't really get to shop or go to the nice places due to the lack of money so we became tourists and just took loads of photos.

I furrow my eyebrows when about thirty minuets later we're driving down a street with huge houses. When I say huge houses I mean practically mansions. I began to wonder what we were doing here but I remember Harry talking about a few of his old friends who live here. Also Liam and Louis have their own houses here after they moved their company out to New York and bought a house for whenever they decide to take vacations. I figured that this was the gated community their houses were in so I didn't ask much of it.