Chapter Fifty Five

"Ya lookin' just a little too hard at me, standin' just a little too close to me. Ya sayin not quite enough to me, ya sippin' just a little too slow for me. No doubt ya playin' real cool homie, got me thinkin' what is it you do for me. Trippin' a little more than I should be, so let ya self go and get right with me..."

Song: Get Right

Artist: Jennifer Lopez

(i'm picturing this as the song she got ready to idk lol, it came to my head for some reason... and i listen to it when i get ready all the time LOL.)

Selena

The entire way home my mind was everywhere. I couldn't understand what was going on. Why was this happening. But then my head wrapped around it all. I'm not what he needs. He doesn't need a relationship, hes a man who's constantly busy and has real priorities he needs to focus on. And here i am being selfish wondering what i did wrong. When i didn't do anything wrong. I know i didn't. It's just a matter of time really, and for him, this isn't a time to have a girlfriend. And i feel i should be angry with him for deciding this after i gave myself to him, but i guess i need to just understand that he can't balance everything. In a way, regardless how it hurts that i can't call him mine anymore, it's better he did it sooner than later.

I was a bit upset when i went to Niall's and found out i couldn't switch jobs with April. Due to Niall and Harry sealing that deal and they would both have to agree to the switch in order to make it happen and Niall made a good point about Harry not agreeing to letting me go. I texted Harry saying i won't be going back to work. He got pissed but i didn't want to see him right now. It was only eleven, i wouldn't even be on my lunch break yet. But i wanted to just come home.

Entering the apartment i go straight to my room and change out of my clothes. I throw on a pair of PINK yoga pants and one of their casual v-necks for the summer. I plop down on my bed and let out a long sigh i didn't know i was holding in. I feel the tears brim and instead of letting them fall i quickly bring my hand up to my eyes and wipe them away. Grabbing my cell phone i make a call.

"Hey." She greets.

"Hi." I say. "How are you?" I ask.

"I'm good.. what about you are you okay?" She asks.

"'Course i am. Just wanted to see how you were doing." chuckle.

"Selena.. i'm your sister i know you." She says.

"I'm fine i promise. Really, don't worry about it please?" I ask.

"You're my little sister of course i'm going to worry. Can you please just tell me what's wrong?" She asks.

"Just a long day at work." I answer and smile slightly at how i was only there for five hours.

"Boyfriend making you work hard huh?" She chuckles.

"Yeah. Scheduling and canceling meetings, running paperwork to other employees, he broke up with me, getting him coffee constantly, he even made me g-"

"He broke up with you?!" She interrupts.

"Claire did you not hear anything else?" I chuckle.

"Selena what happened?" She asks, her voice a bit lower.

"I can't answer that." I sigh.

"Why?"

"Because i don't even know. After that night i told you about he's just been.. off." I answer.

"I swear if i find out he only wanted you for a sex, i'll hire an arsonist to burn his god damn building down." She hisses.

"No need for that. I may not know why he broke up with me... but i do know he actually liked me." I chuckle.

"Does Chris know?" She asks.

"Yeah, i told him before i left work." I answer simply.

"What'd he say." She giggles.

"That if Harry wasn't so hot and intimidating he would kick his ass." I answer and we both laugh.

...

"I'M HOME! SELEEEENNAAAAA" Chris's voice booms. I stand up from my bed and walk into the living room.

"Hey." I smile.

"Get ready." He says.

"I'm sorry?" I chuckle.

"Get ready. Another way of saying go get dolled up. Two simple words that mean-"

"I get it smart ass." I laugh. "For what is what i want to know." I add.

"We're joining Niall and the rest of the hotties to a club tonight." He cheers.

"Chris, really?" I ask cocking an eyebrow.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Harry just dumped my ass do you think i want to be with him at a club?" I ask half chuckling.

"For one, only Niall knows we're going. The rest are going to be happy to see us and when Harry sees how hot you look he'll feel like an even bigger dumb ass. So please don't argue and just go get your ass ready and wear something sexy to show off and when we get there you fucking drink and you have fun and you dance with other guys and don't give a shit. Let's pretend we're nineteen again." He smirks.

"Oh god you say that like we should be proud of that year." I laugh.

"Girl we had fun as fuck your hella tripping." He laughs and i laugh even louder.

"I don't know." I shrug.

"Don't do it for him. Do it for yourself. Think of it as he fucked you then broke up with you." He smiles.

"But that's not what happened, he liked me, even if it was just a little bit." I answer.

"Well then let's just pretend you never dated him and we're nineteen years old and getting drunk and shit. Come on Selena!" He whines.

After a few hours i'm finally ready. I showered, shaved, blow dried my hair,, and did my makeup. My hair was curled, my makeup is a natural smokey eye. I contoured my face a bit and added red lips. My outfit i settled for a red thin spaghetti strapped low cut tank top. The front being a v-neck and the back of the top is low so my entire back is visible, though my hair will be covering it. I wore my best skinny jeans from Tom Ford i got about a year ago. They're the tightest jeans i own but aren't tight to where i'm not comfortable.. plus they make my ass look good. I went with black lace up Louboutin heels and topped the outfit off with a white furry jacket. I know this will be too hot be in but i know i'm bound to take it off eventually.

"Uber is here!" Chris yells from the living room. I check my phone for the time to see it's nine thirty. I grab my phone off the charger and my clutch, taking one last look in my bathroom mirror and adjust my hair a bit before turning the light off and heading out.

"Ready?" He asks with a smirk.

"Oh hell yeah."

"I'm about to sign you up, we can get right. Before the night is up, we can get, get riiiiiiiight get riiiiiiight, we can get right. I'm about to fill your cup, we can get right, Before the night is up, we can get riiiiiiight toniiiiiiight, we can get right..."

I will be updating again later tonight.