Chapter Sixty Seven

"When I was a child, I heard voices... some would sing and some would scream. You soon find you have few choices... I learned the voices died with me..." 

Song: Arsonist's Lullabye 

Artist: Hozier 

Harry

The drive felt long. It seemed like everyone decided to drive extra slow today and each stoplight I approached turned red as if it sensed I was coming. The moment I got in my car I sped out of the parking garage and made my way to her apartment. It was currently thirty minuets passed midnight so I was hoping she'd be home by now. I parked beside a curb and stepped out of my car, locking it before shoving the keys into my jacket pocket and heading inside the building. I head straight towards the stairs, in no mood to wait for an elevator and rush my way up the multiple flights until I reach her floor. 

I'm practically jogging down the hall and once I reach her door I let out a shaky breath before bringing my fist up and knocking on it. I wait and being impatient as I am at the moment I knock again. I tap my foot against the floor to try and calm my uneasy nerves. I ran a hand through my hair, combing it away from my face before knocking again and biting on my tongue. I curse to myself quietly ad as I was about to leave I hear the doorknob twist and the door opens. 

"You don't learn do you?" Chris smirks as he crosses his arms. 

"Is she here?" I ask. 

"She is. Just got here about five minuets ago. She's in the shower though." He answers and I sigh in relief. 

"Can I-"

"No." He interrupts and shakes his head. 

Not wanting to argue with him I groan to myself and push the door open with my hand and walk past him. I stand in the living room and try to suppress a laugh at Chris's reaction. 

"You piece of handsome shit." He scowls and closes the door. "Fine you stay and waste your time. I'll be in my room and do not come to me when you realize she doesn't want to talk to you." He says and turns the television off.

"Okay I won't." I shrug. 

"I swear give me a few months to bulk up and I'll invite you over just to kick your sexy fuck boy ass." He says and walks down the hall. 

I remain in the living room, not wanting to enter her bedroom only for her to walk out in her undergarments again like the last time, knowing very well it'll piss her off and make her not even hear me out. Due to the silence I hear the water shut off and smile to myself slightly. I wait a few minuets until I hear her bedroom door open and feet approaching. She enters the living room dressed in just a white long t-shirt her rd bra visible through the material and burgundy knee high socks. Her hair wet and combed through as it falls down her shoulders. She was typing on her phone so didn't take notice of me until I let out a small sigh. 

When she looks up she shows no reaction which doesn't give me a good feeling. She locks her phone and walks over to the kitchen counter and placing it down before turning to look at me. "What are you doing here? I thought I made it clear I don't want to talk to you." She says.

"You can't just ignore me." I frown.

"Yes I can." She says. "That's what I was doing. What I've been trying to do but you keep coming back here when I don't want you to!" She snaps.

"Why don't you even let me explain?!" I ask, my voice raising only the slightest bit. 

"Because I don't want to hear what you have to say anymore! It's pointless Harry! You say all these things about how you care about me and love me and are trying to prove to me but you always show me the exact opposite with your actions! You can't expect me to sit around and go by the things you say when you prove to me otherwise!" She snaps. 

"I do care." I say lowly.

"No you don't. You say you do but you don't. I give into you so easily and I end up looking stupid for it. I always give you the benefit of the doubt and give you chance after chance because I loved you and wanted nothing more than to be with you but I'm always let down and I can't waste my time anymore." She retorts. 

"You won't be wasting your time though Sel. I sat around today doing nothing but thinking about you! Anywhere I went around my flat reminded me of you, some sort of memory came to mind and I was drowning myself and it was just a reminder of how I messed this all up but I really do want to fix it! I know I've repeated myself a countless amount of times but how am I suppose to prove to you when you won't allow me to! I want this, I want us more than anything and I mean it when I say I'll give you my all I just need one more bloody chance and I know I've been given one too many enough as it is but I'm losing my mind. It's weird without you. I don't even remember the last time I felt so attached to someone and I can't let you just walk away without showing you how much I really do care." I

She sighs and covers her face with both her hands. Part of me knows she's trying to be strong for herself to prevent me from hurting her by that's the last thing I would do. I can own up and admit I've messed up and lacked on proving to her just how much she means to me but I've never felt this empty without someone. As annoying as she is I want her. I need her. I love her.

"All you have is your fire and the place you need to reach- don't you ever tame your demons but always keep 'em on a leash..."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Here y'all go ☺ Hope everyone is doing good! Be sure to vote cause those encourage me to update (; Also comment... need to know if you want her to give him a chance or be strong orrr...???? (;     

ALSOOOOOO. 

I know I have some hardcore Harlena shippers, so if you enjoy stories of Harry and Selena be sure to check out my new one, it's on my profile and it's something different but i'm very excited!   ♥  ;D

A few chapters have gone private so make sure you're following to read those!    B x