Chapter Twelve

Selena

Unlocking the door I nearly trip into our loft. I struggle to carry all the bags in my hands because I hate making two trips down to the car. "Christopher!!" I yell. I drop the bags on the ground and lock the door behind me before picking them back up and taking them to the kitchen. "Jesus Christ this kid." I sigh and make my way to his room.

Opening the door I see him asleep on his bed. He looks so calm and peaceful. "Wake the fuck up!" I yell as I hit him with a pillow.

"Bitch do you want to fight me right now? I will kick your ass home girl don't try me." He groans.

"When did you come home?" I ask.

"About two hours ago. After I went to your office Niall had emailed me to go to his. Speaking of, guess who was there." He smirks.

"The fucking king?" I say and he gasps.

"How fuck off that's my nickname for him!" He scolds. "Anyways how did you know?!" He smiles.

"I sa-"

"I'm lying I know how. But on a serious note you need to listen to this!" He interrupts.

"Listen to what?" I ask.

"So when I went to Niall's office Harry was there still and you were the topic of the conversation. And you know iPhone gang we got voice memos so I had to take it out and record while I can!" He beams and grabs his phone as I sit on his bed.

"Why was I the topic?" I ask.

"Shut the fuck up and listen." He says as he presses play.

"How's Eric Davis at his job?" Harry's voice says.

"He's well I suppose. Could do a little better." Niall answers.

"Niall I trust you are running this building correctly. If you can find someone better I expect that you do so." Harry scolds.

"I've got it under control mate." Niall chuckles.

"You shouldn't allow Ms.Carter to wear such small skirts." Harry says. I raise my eyebrows about to speak but Chris shushes me. 

"This isn't the movies lad. I have not tried to make any move on her." Niall laughs. 

"Not you. Eric Davis was... sweet talking her." Harry chuckles. 

"Really?" Niall asks. 

"Keep an eye out on that employee. He made Ms.Carter uncomfortable. And i won't tolerate you allowing my business to fall because of one employee." Harry says. 

"Will do." Niall says.

"And try and talk her into black jeans or slacks." Harry adds.

"Other employees wear skirts lad." Niall chuckles. 

"Yes but Ms.Carter is by far your most attractive employee. That is why my assistants are either lesbian, or i make them hate me." Harry chuckles and Niall joins him. 

"Christopher," Harry calls. 

"Yeah?" Chris's voice comes through the phone. 

"What does Ms.Carter like to eat?" Harry asks and i raise my eyebrows. 

"She isn't picky.. though she's a sucker for Italian." Chris answers. I look at him and roll my eyes as he chuckles. 

"That's all i got because he started asking me about you and yeah. Can't give away your date now can i?" He chuckles. 

"Yes you can?!" I beam. 

"No princess i can't." He laughs and gets up off of his bed and heads out of his room as i follow behind him. "Thank god, more food." He beams as he sees the grocery bags. 

"Yup." I say simply. 

"You alright?" He asks. 

"I'm nervous for tomorrow.." I sigh.

"The date with hottie?" He asks and i nod. "You shouldn't be. You should feel fucking honored." He says making me laugh a bit.

"I feel so intimidated by him. I know i've said that plenty of times already but he's just.. i don't know. It's odd." I shrug shaking my head. 

"You know what you need?" He asks and i raise an eyebrow. "Netflix. Come on hoe!" He smiles and pulls me towards the living room.

☾ ☾ ☾

"Okay fuck this Chris i'm going to bed." I frown and stand up. 

"BITCH WE ARE NOT DONE HERE!" He yells. 

"We've watched two seasons of friends, Chris i love that show but i'm sleepy and we work tomorrow for fucks sake!" I whine and he laughs as he turns off the t.v.

"Fine be a Debby downer." He says and pushes me, making my fall onto the couch as he laughs and walks down the hall to his room. 

"Asshole!" I shout.

"Oh suck my ass!" I hear him shout back. 

I walk down the hallway into my bedroom and sigh. It's midnight and i have to get up for work in five hours which is no where near enough sleep for me. I remove my sweatpants, leaving me only in a over sized t-shirt and my underwear. I can't sleep with bottoms, for some reason as i'm covered underneath the blankets, bottoms just make my legs feel more trapped. I lie down in my bed and pull the duvet over myself and my body relaxes. Yawning i turn my alarm on and place it on my night stand and let my eyes close. 

☀ ☀ ☀

"A dress huh?' Chris smirks. 

"You told me to wear this dress?" I frown. 

"I know. I clearly chose well." He smirks and we head out. He insisted i wear one of my work dresses. Other co-workers of ours wear them but those women can pull it off easily. I am some what insecure and feel it isn't work appropriate. The dress goes down to my knees. It's an all black dress with a thin white collar, matching it with my white Louboutins. The length of the dress is appropriate but it fits tight against my body. Chris bought it for me for Christmas last year and i've only worn it about twice. When i got promoted to Niall's assistant i always felt it wouldn't look right for me to wear these kind of clothes.

...

"Looking good girl!" Faith coos as we walk pass her. 

"Hush." I chuckle and she pretends to zip her lips as Chris and i enter the elevator. 

"Bitch you should be excited you're going on a date with the fucking king!" He whines making me roll my eyes. 

"I already told you, he scares me." I chuckle. "Not in like an actual fear my life, but.. fuck id on't know. How am i suppose to stay calm with someone who payed five hundred thousand for a stupid dinner." I spat nervously. 

"I would stay and talk more shit to you for over thinking this but your ass lucked out because this is my stop."He says as the doors open. "Fucking smile you cunt! Girls would kill- guys too! Would also kill to be in your shoes!" He says and flips me off as the doors close. 

When the elevator stops on my floor i walk out and down the hallways until i reach my office. Unlocking my door i walk inside and place my bag on my chair before turning to head out for mine and Niall's coffee. As it turn towards the door i furrow my eyebrows and look back at my desk. Where a vase with a dozen pink roses stand. Walking back to my desk i see there's a note in the flowers. 

Ms.Carter, 

It's a one time thing for me to send a woman flowers, so i expect you to feel flattered. I've given Niall thee orders to dismiss you from work at five thirty. I will be picking you up at six thirty. Have a good day. 

Harry Styles.

--------

when you're editing and realize how crappy your writing is but your readers like it so you leave it alone....