Chapter Fifty Four

"The world slows down, but my heart beats fast right now. I know this is the part, where the end starts..."

Song: I Hate This Part

Artist: The Pussycat Dolls

(gosh i still love this song.)

Selena

This past week has sucked. Just straight up, sucked. And to say it's a lot going on would be a lie. It's only one thing that's bothering me, bringing me down. And it's the fact that Harry has been so distant. It's been unbearable. And it makes me feel a bit dumb because he's been avoiding me since the weekend after we had sex. What makes it even worse is the fact that i work in his damn building now. I asked Chris for advice but he said that Harry's just been extremely busy. Though as his PA i think i would know that. During work he's very formal and short with me. And outside of work he hasn't spoken to me. Only a text good night every night and i considered myself lucky.

"I need you to respond to the emails from Lorenzo Rorke." His voice says.

I glance up at him to see him facing his computer. I look at the unopened folder on his desk with print outs from the deal being sealed with Mr.Rorke. I focus my attention back on mine and continue with rescheduling his meetings for tomorrow.

"Miss Carter i said-"

"I already did it." I interrupt him. Annoyed with how he addresses me as 'Miss Carter' all of the sudden. "If you were to open up the only folder on your desk the prints are in there." I add.

"Lose the attitude." He responds and i huff.

"What's with you?" I ask and look up at him.

"Nothing." He responds.

"Oh bullshit." I mutter. "So are you going to tell me why you've been acting like this or not?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

He looks up at me, his jaw clenched. "I don't pay you to discuss my personal issues with me." He says, anger rising at his words.

"Oh so now i'm just another fucking employee and not your girlfriend?" I snap.

He stays silent and continues to read the files in the folder he had just opened. His lack of response to my question causes a stinging feeling in my chest. I don't know what's gotten into him but i can't take it. It's actually driving me mad. How he can be so affectionate then without any sort of reason is so cold with me. As if i was just another one of his employees. His sentence about his 'personal issues' replays in my head. Like i don't fucking know him. Like the entire month we've been together i was with a stranger or something.

Having enough of these thoughts and wanting nothing but to rid them i close the laptop and turn off the computer. I grab my phone out of my desk drawer and swing my purse over my shoulder. I stand up and pull up my jeans slightly. Because of how he's been acting I've worn nothing but black jeans all week. I'm not a slacks type of person and i wasn't in the mood to wear the clothes he bought me just because of his distance. So I've settled with simple clothing. Like today, wearing dark black jeans, a black button up with a black blazer over it and black heels. My hair in my natural waves. I adjust my blazer and head towards the door.

"Where are you going?" He asks flatly.

"To Niall's." I answer.

"Is there a reason?" He asks.

"Yes." I answer. "To see if i could get my job back." I add.

"Excuse me?" He asks and i halt and turn around to face him. "You're quitting?" He asks. I don't answer and he sighs and stands up. "You need a two week notice." He smirks slightly.