Chapter Forty Six

"Push your lack of chest out, look at my hair. Gotta love the way you love yourself. Your obsession with rocks and brown, and fucking the whole town's, a reflection on your mental health..." 

Song: Heart Out

Artist: The 1975

Selena

He remains silent and runs a hand through his hair. My eyes still slightly wide at the words that fell from his lips. Daughter? This makes me look like such a bad person. Here i am getting upset over him ditching me for Irina when she's the mother to his child. God i feel so damn selfish.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I ask quietly, breaking the silence.

"I didn't need to." He answers.

"Well i mean yeah you're right." I nod. "But.. you couldn't of just shared with me that you had a daughter? Maybe throw it in when we went on that auction date?" I add quietly. 

"It's none of your business is what it is." He says right away. 

"You expect honesty from me all the time." I mutter. "So the least you could do is return the favor." I add. 

He huffs and rolls his eyes. "I have a daughter. Her name is Millie and she's four years old. She's got blonde hair and a mixture of blue and green eyes. She doesn't have my accent she has her mums. There is that enough for you?" He snaps.

"Why are you getting upset with me?" I ask.

"Because it's none of your business, i don't even have a relationship with her so it doesn't matter." He answers.

"But you want a relationship with me?" I ask, folding my arms.

"Yes. Because i can't lose you. I didn't want to admit it, but i fancy you. And i don't like the idea of you having lunch with anyone besides me. You're different than any of the girls I've involved myself with since after Irina. You're honest, and don't hesitate to speak your mind even if it's talking back to me. I don't know why i feel the way i do towards you but i do." He sighs.

"I like you too." I nod. "Don't get me wrong i do.. a lot actually." I add.

He takes a step towards me and cups my face in his hands. "Then agree to be with me." He says lowly.

I close my eyes and sigh. "I think you need to build a relationship with your daughter first." I say and he instantly frowns.

"I need you." He says as he leans down, his forehead pressed against mine.

"And she needs you." I respond.

"What if i promise to be there for her. Will you be with me?" He asks.

"I'm always with you." I chuckle slightly.

"As in my girlfriend Selena." He clarifies.

"I shouldn't be a priority to you right now. A four year old should be." I say shyly.

"You don't understand when i say i need you do you?" He frowns.

"I do." I nod.

"Then please. Give me a chance." He says and leans down closer.

"It's just you and I tonight, why don't you figure my heart out? It's just you and I tonight, why don't you figure my heart out?..."

I know it's short. By far the shortest chapter i have ever written. But i felt i owed you a double update. Even though it's short i'm sorry ):

who likes the 1975???  ☺