Chapter Sixty Three

"I'm on my 14 carats, I'm 14 carat. Doing it up like Midas, Mhm, Now you say I got a touch so good, so good make you never wanna leave.. so don't, so don't. Gonna wear that dress you like, skin-tight. Do my hair up real, real nice. And syncopate my skin to your heart beating..."

Song: Good For You

Artist: Selena Gomez ft. A$AP Rocky

Selena

As i wait in the elevator i can't hope for anything but for this day to go by as fast as possible. My talk with Harry didn't go as i thought it would. Originally i thought that if i told him how much he meant to me he would understand it's him i want. But really it was more of agreeing to disagree. He suggested we 'take a break', and clearly that isn't what i wanted but what am i supposed to do, force him to be with me? Chris hates the term 'taking a break' and after Harry left he scolded me about how this isn't a break but more of a break up. And i couldn't agree more. I told him just how much i care about him but it clearly wasn't enough to make him stay so there's not much i can do at this point. The rest was up to him. 

When the elevator opens i let out a long sigh as walk down the hallway to the office. When i approach it i enter the pass code and wait for the doors to slide open. When they do i'm a bit relieved to see that Harry isn't here. This being one of the reasons i didn't want to work in his building, breaking up would make him turn into that stupid arrogant boss he is. I settle down at my desk and turn on the computer and start grabbing a few files from my bag. As i'm scheduling a few meetings and calling some people back i see the doors slide open. In comes Harry, in grey suit with a black tie and black dress shoes. He runs a hand through his hair as he holds his cell phone up to his ear and his brows furrowed. I bit my tongue from chuckling at his clear facial expression of being frustrated or annoyed with whomever he is speaking to. 

I hang up the call with a partner of Harry's and begin to write down a few dates i needed to make sure his schedule is clear for. I stand up and as i do i mentally curse at myself for coming to work so casual today. I woke up a bit late so threw on a pair of black skinny jeans, a grey long sleeved button up and black ankle boots from Saint Laurent. My hair was wavy from the curls the previous day and not having enough time to touch a few curls up i just combed my hair back and put it up in a sleek ponytail, my hair still landing at the arch of my back since it's a bit too long. My makeup is the usual everyday makeup, that being the only thing i had time to fully do. I grab a few of files and contracts i needed to take down to the mailboxes for others. As i was almost at the door Harry's voice stops me. 

"Where are you going?" He asks. 

I roll my eyes to myself and turn around. "Taking these down to the main floor." I answer. 

"For what?" He asks. 

"Well i'm not gonna go up and down the entire building personally handing them to everyone so i'm gonna leave them in their mailboxes." I answer again. 

"Do it later." He says.

"Why? I'm not doing anything now." I ask in annoyance. 

"You are now." He says. "I need you to make reservations for me." He adds. 

I roll my eyes, this time directly in front of him. "Sure thing." I say in fake cheery tone and walk back to my desk. 

"Thank you Miss Carter." He says and i scoff loudly at the usage of the last name basis again. 

As i reach my desk i drop all the filed loudly for him to hear how annoyed i am. "Where, what time and how many?" I ask. 

"Gramercy Tavern. Seven o' clock. Two." He answers.