Chapter Thirteen

Selena

Laughing, I take my phone out of my purse and take a picture of the flowers, sending it to Chris. I put the notes back in the flowers and set my phone back in my purse before continuing with my daily routine.

Entering the coffee room I begin to make my coffee first. After finishing mine and begin to make Niall's the familiar stench of the overly used cologne fills my senses and I feel my body tense a bit.

"Good morning Ms.Carter." He greets.

"Selena. Eric please just call me Selena." I sigh.

"It's more professional at work to call you Ms.Carter." He says sternly. I want to respond but I don't know what to say so I remain silent. "I would like to apologize for yesterday." He says after a moment.

"No need to." I shrug.

"I could've lost my job and no hoe is worth that." He says.

"Yeah I underst-" I begin but stop, "wait what did you just call me?" I ask cocking up an eyebrow.

"You obviously heard." He chuckles.

"You're unbelievable." I say shaking my head as i finish Niall's coffee.

"Well i'm not wrong." He says.

"Excuse me? You don't know me well enough to say anything like that to me." I say in annoyance.

"Oh please. You know you maybe sexy as hell but little did i know you have a date with our boss's, boss's boss." He chuckles. "Sleeping your way through the job Ms.Carter, very unprofessional." He says with a smirk before leaving.

I huff in annoyance and finish Niall's coffee. Knocking on the door i hear his usual, 'come in' before i enter. "Your coffee." I say simply.

"Thank you Selena." He says.

"So.. anything important for me to do today?" I ask.

"There's a folder on your desk." He smiles.

"About my desk.. how did the flowers get in there?" I ask.

"I had one of the janitors with keys to every door of the building to unlock it for me. The florist guy was here early to drop them off clearly." He chuckles.

"Oh. Um, well i'm gonna get to work." I say.

"You read the note correct?" He asks.

"Yeah." I nod.

"So you know you're off early then." He smiles and i thank him before leaving his office and back to mine.

"What the fuck!" A voice snaps making my gasp and jump a bit.

"Chris what the hell!" I snap.

"The bastard sent you flowers!" He squeals and i shake my head as i walk towards my desk.

"Read the note." I say and take the note out and hand it to him.

He takes a moment to read i then smiles. "How sweet." He says.

"Chris? He said he expects me to feel flattered. How is that sweet?" I chuckle.

"Bitch you should feel flattered. The man has never dated. He's been in the business world since he was nineteen. And became the owner of his own company at twenty. And he's never dated. You'll find pictures of him with girls out on dates or a girl leaving his house in the morning but from when he was twenty one and twenty two. After that he hasn't dated for shit." Chris explains.

"Him and Cara are like a thing though?" I chuckle.

"Oh so i looked into that after the night of the charity event right. And so she is the only girl he's been with out on dates recently and people assume they're seeing each other. But whenever he attends some big event and interviewers ask him about her he straight up tells them no and that he doesn't date." He laughs. "So yeah you should feel fucking flattered." He adds and puts the note back in the flowers.