Epilogue Part. 1

"Like all those days and weeks and months I tried to steal a kiss and all those sleepless nights and daydreams where I pictured this, I'm just the underdog who finally got the girl and I am not ashamed to tell it to the world..."

Song: Truly, Madly, Deeply

Artist: One Direction

(I would recommend to listen to the song Selena and her dad dance to while ready because I CRIED SO HARD WHILE WRITING LOL.)

Selena

-three months later-

I smiled at the sight of everyone here. Enjoying themselves, some people dancing as others simply sat and spoke while eating. Most of the guys standing together with wine glasses in their hands and or cigarettes. My mom was currently talking to my dad as they danced and I smiled at the sight. Smiled at the fact that they're here. The biggest, most nerve wrecking day of my life, they came. I knew they would, I didn't doubt that. I just still can't believe all of this happened. 

I'm married.

I'm not dating someone. I'm married to someone. I'm not a girlfriend. I'm a wife. I'm fucking married at twenty three years old. There's nothing wrong with it, but growing up my plans were to have my fair share of fun and settle down at the age twenty six. Thinking about it I could have had three more years to have my fun, But I wouldn't want my life any other way. I'm glad I met him. I'm glad we got together. I'm glad we broke up. I'm glad we fixed everything. All the arguing, pointless fights, tears, smiles, laughter it all led to this day. By far the best day of my life.

 To be able to say you fell in love with someone, love that person more than anything and suddenly vowing to spend the rest of your life with them. Tying the knot and making things solid. Sitting here and watching him as he dances jokingly with his friends I smile at the sight of his dimples indenting and eyes closing and wrinkles forming on the sides whenever Chris bumps him hip to hip. Or when Louis and Liam do this dance together they've done for a while now, mostly it's when they're drunk so it's more funny to see them doing it now sober. Zayn hunching over in laughter and holding onto his stomach when Niall and my older brother start twerking. The thing making all of this funny is it's to Chris's new favorite song at the moment, 'On My Mind' by Ellie Goulding. 

Harry starts dancing in this funny way that causes me to laugh faintly. Looking at him and admiring every damn aspect of that man. Looking down at my hands in my lap and smiling at the ring. My fingers rubbing sooth circles into the fine fabric of the white wedding dress I've got on. Looking back up at Harry and thinking about us and what the future might hold. Thinking about us and the fact that we gt married just a a few hours ago. Married. Thinking over how marriage is such a beautiful and promising thing. Today we promised to be by each others side that moment and further on. Through the good and the bad, we're there for each other. His love for me, our love it's something I cherish. I want this love, the way we do now to last. I want us to always feel grateful for each other and feel honored to be with each other. In order to make something you want to last forever you have to treat it differently. You shield it and protect it. You never abuse it. You don't expose it to the elements. You don't make it common or ordinary. If it ever becomes tarnished you polish it until it gleams like new. It becomes special because you made it so. And it grows more beautiful and precious as times go by. 

I know some people think of marriage and believe it's this myth like some beautiful box of all the things they longed for such as companionship, intimacy, friendship etc. Now being with him I realize it's the complete opposite. If anything it starts as an empty box, you must put something in it in order to take something out. There is no love in marriage. There's love in people. And people put love in marriage. There is no romance in marriage. You have to infuse it to the marriage. I feel like that's how he and I started out. We had our problems and it took a while for us to actually be together but in the end it was all worth it. I;m so entirely grateful for him and I thank god for blessing me with him. I could go on for hours how happy he makes me and how far we both came. We matured and decided to stop pushing our feelings away and be with each other since it was hard for either of us to stay away from one another.