Chapter Fourty

"Tied to a sallow heart, why does he want to bring me where he goes? Oh and to find out the reasons why, it's enough to make you wanna try for one last night.."

Song: One Last Night

Artist: Vaults

Selena

It's been about an hour, and I remain seated at the table with Harry's family. They announced that dinner would be served so everyone standing finds their seats at a table. I glance in Harry's direction to see if he is returning, but my question answered when he takes a seat next to the pretty blonde at her table. I sigh but focus my attention back to my lap.

"Where's Harry?" Gemma asks.

"He's still with Irina." Lottie answers.

"He's sitting over there? But dinner is starting shouldn't he be with you?" Lou says and looks at me.

"Felix go call him and tell him to come back would you?" His mom asks.

"No, that isn't necessary it's fine." I say quickly.

"You're his girlfriend he should be here with you darling." She frowns.

"He's not- we're not dating." I say shyly.

"But he said you were his girlfriend Hun?" She frowns.

"It was a surprise to me also." I chuckle. "Um, I think he just said that to avoid any questions about it." I shrug.

"Still, he brought you here with him, he shouldn't ditch you." Gemma says.

"It's fine really. I'm okay. All is well." I smile.

As nice as they are I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable without Harry here. They're all welcoming and I have no reason to be uncomfortable, but I can't help but feel as if I'm interrupting something.

Taking out my phone I open up the uber app. After a few minuets I get a hold of one just a block down. I take in a deep breath and let it out. I look over at Harry to see if he would be planning to come back over here. They have waiters and waitresses walking around and serving the food to the people. As a waitress gets to his table she serves a plate to everybody. Harry looks at the waitress and shifts in his seat. For a moment it looked like he was going to get up but he only scooted closer to Irina.

I look back down at my phone and fiddle with it. "Dear do you care for a glass of wine?" Harry's mom asks.

"Oh, I have water no thank you." I smile. "Um, actually," I add and they all look at me. "I just got a text from my mom, it's uh- it's kind of an emergency." I lie.

"Oh my is she alright?" She asks in worry.

"I-I'm not sure, but if you don't mind I would like to excuse myself to go check." I frown.

"Of course sweetheart go on!" She says quickly.

"I'm really sorry Gemma." I frown.

"No no don't be! Go make sure everything okay!" She says in worry. Making me feel bad for lying, but i just feel so out of place.

"Thank you all for understanding." I say as i get up.

"Do you want me to tell Harry?" His dad asks.

I glance over at him once more and instantly frown when i see her feeding him something off of her fork. "No i'll let him know." I fake a smile and push in my chair.

After saying goodbye to them i make my way out of the backyard and into their beautiful home. After managing to find my way to the front door i see the car that would be my uber driver. I greet him as i get in the backseat and tell him where i need to be. As he takes off i take my phone out of my purse. Opening my messages i compose a new one to Harry.

Me: Hey, something important came up i had to go.

Looking at the text i furrow my eyebrows. Should i even let him know i left? I roll my eyes at myself as to how pointless this text would be. I backspace the entire message until it's gone and lock my phone and put it back in my purse . If i were to send that text, he either would get it later on, or just then realize i left. I don't want to seem like one of those girls that needs their boyfriend's attention all the time, even though he's not my boyfriend, i just still felt kind of dumb as he walked away without a final word to me.

After about a fifteen minuet drive we arrive at my apartments. I pay the driver and thank him as exit the vehicle. The sun has gone away and it's back to windy and cloudy. Gosh i wish i had some sort of jacket, at least i'm home now. As i enter the apartment building i smile to the doorman as i pass him.

"Selena?" A male voice calls. I turn around and see that man from Harry's building.

"Hi?" I say in a form of a question with a small smile.

"I don't know if you remember me, Andrew." He smiles as he approaches me.

"Yeah, you live on the floor below Harry. We met int he elevator." I nod with a smile.

"Yeah, yeah!" He beams with a smile. God he's as cute as i remember. "Do you live here or something?" He asks.

"I do." I nod. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Little bro just moved in with his girlfriend." He chuckles.

"And you check on him?" I ask with a small giggle.

"They're eighteen." He defends with a smile.

"Oh god, yeah that's understandable." I laugh and pinch the bridge of my nose. God are kids really moving in with each other that young in a relationship?

"Yeah." He chuckles. "So i stop by to make sure she hasn't completely driven him mad." He smiles.

"Very considerate of you." I nod.

"Are you just getting home?" He asks.

"Yeah i was out with- uh just taking a walk." I say and correct myself mid sentence.

"In that?" He asks. "You look lovely don't get me wrong but isn't it quite cold out?" He frowns.

"I mean, it was sunny when i left." I laugh and he joins me.

"Well i'll let you get going i don't want to keep you out." He smiles.

"Okay." I nod with a shy smile back.

"Hey maybe, we can go for lunch sometime?" He asks and flashes me his smile.

I contemplate if that would be a bad idea. I'm definitely not someone who would try to get back at Harry for leaving me by myself today, that's just childish. But as friends, what harm would it do?

"Yeah that's sounds nice." I smile and nod.

"Great okay!" He smiles. "Um, i hope this isn't too straight forward but could i get your number, by any chance?" He asks shyly.

"Yeah of course." I nod. We exchange numbers and he lifts my palm to his mouth and places a kiss on the back of it.

"I'll see you soon." He smiles.

"You too." I smile back and he drops my hand and bids me a good day as he walks out of the building.

"I had a dream I was dying, but i found nobody there. And if one last night is all that we've been given, let's live it like we care.. for one last night..."

Hiiii. Double update yaaaassss.

Do you want a triple update?!?!?!?!?

Also, don't forget Andrew is played by Chace Crawford (;

PS. (Next chapter will be a different POV.. *wink, wink*)