Chapter Sixty Nine

"You looked at me with certainty I couldn't look away. Took your jacket off like, like you were here to stay..."

Song: Pretty Thoughts

Artist: Alina Baraz ft. Galimatias

Selena

((bit of a time lapse.. won't say how long but you'll figure it out muahaha.))

Walking down the hall I was greeted by a few coworkers earning a smile from me in return. I Adjusted my top as I looked down at my outfit. Noticing that my style is getting more and more simple. However I'm sure I've worn this outfit already before but I'm not that much of a dress or skirts person. I was sporting a white silk long sleeve button up that I had tucked into my dark black jeans with my black red bottoms on my feet. I value sleep so if that means wearing simple attire to work then so be it.

I approached the end of the hall to the familiar double doors. Tapping on the screen beside it to put my finger print on it so the doors open. I always chuckle to myself slightly at how overly high tech this damn door is. When they open I'm met with an empty office. Walking to my desk I do my usual routine to get the day started. It only took a few minuets to get everything done before I stood up to had to the coffee room to make my coffee.

"Hey." I greet with a smile when I see Chris making himself a coffee.

"What's up my G?" He asks causing me to chuckle.

"When did you get in?" I ask as I grab a mug.

"About thirty minuets ago. You were still getting ready and your door was closed so I just left." He answers and I nod. "How's boy toy?" He asks.

"Good I think. He's not in yet." I answer.

"And you two together how's that been going?" He asks with a smile.

"Good. Ever since we got back together he's been great to me." I smile shyly.

"Oh crap now you're blushing." He scoffs and I laugh.

"Are you gonna be home after work?" I ask.

"Not sure. That Melody girl asked me out." He answers.

"Melody? Girl?" I ask with furrowed eyebrows.

"Not like on a date you dumb ass she knows I'm gay." He says.

"Ohhhh." I trail off and he laughs.

"Why were you actually coming back to the apartment?" He asks with a fake gasp.

"You make it seem like I'm never there!" I say in between giggles. "You practically live with Harry and you know it." He says as he picks up his mug. "I got shit to do so I'll see you.. yeah." He says and I laugh again as he walks out.

Walking back to the office I walk a bit slower as I bring the mug to my lips to take a sip of the coffee. Placing my finger on the scan the doors slide open and I walk in. I smile faintly when I see his back to me as he sets a briefcase down on his desk, indicating he just got here. I set my mug down on the small table between the two chairs in front of his desk and stand beside him.

"You okay?" I ask as he reads a few papers in his hand.

"Yeah baby." He nods. "Just... I think my accountant messed up these numbers." He answers with furrowed eyebrows. He puts the papers in his right hand down on the desk and I smile shyly when it wraps around my waist and pulls me into his side as he continues to read over the paper in his left hand.

"Numbers on what?" I ask.

"On how much I paid for this merge. I checked my account and the amount of money on these papers wasn't taken out of my bank so I don't know how she mixed up sixty five hundred with sixteen thousand five hundred." He sighs.

"Is she in yet?" I ask.

"No she called in sick for the next two days." He answers. "I'll get someone else to fix it." He shrugs it off and drops the paper on his desk. "Anyways." He sighs and turns to face me. I smile up at him when his hand reaches my chin and holds it gently as he leans down to press a kiss to my lips. He lets it linger for a moment before pulling away and placing his other hand on the other side of my waist.

"What?" I ask as he looks down at me with a small smile.

"It's our anniversary." He smiles cheekily. "However if you want to get technical it's our year and four months anniversary, but who's counting?" He shrugs playfully.

"I love you." I say quietly.

He smiles again and leans down placing another kiss to my lips. "Not as much as I love you." He says against my lips before pecking me one more time and standing back up straight.

"Why are you smiling like that?" I ask. He doesn't answer. Just averts his eyes from me to behind me and back to me and behind me again. I furrow my eyebrows and turn around slightly only for my mouth to fall open slightly.

On my desk stands a tall, wide vase with far more than a dozen pink roses. I walk out of his hold towards my desk with a shy smile on my lips at the large bouquet of flowers. On my desk chair is a teddy bear that seems nearly my height. There's also a small card beside the vase and a few bags from Sephora, Victoria's Secret, Chanel and Saint Laurent Paris on the other side of the vase and at that my eyes widen even more.

Turning around to face him he has a small smile on his lips as he has his hands behind his back. "Why did you do all this?" I ask with a frown. "I didn't know we were giving each other stuff, you said not to do that so I didn't but you did and now I look horri-"

"Shh baby it's okay." He says with an amused smile as he approaches me grabs a hold of my hips. "You don't need to get me anything alright? You're the one that deserves more and I promised that's what I would give you and I've been doing that. Not only because I promised but because it's what you deserve." He says as his right hand cradles my face gently.

"I don't deser-"

"Don't even think about finishing that damn sentence do you understand?" He says with an appointed look. "You deserve much better than me. So I feel honored to have you." He says and kisses me lightly. "Now let's take this stuff to my flat and go because I have an entire day planned out for us." He says and kisses my lips one more time before pulling away with a dimpled smile plastered on his face

"I couldn't look away, chasin' your pretty thoughts. You're mine you're sinking' in my soul, chasin' your pretty thoughts..."

Okay I'm assuming you saw the time lapse. I didn't want to fast forward it so much, however I need to finish this story.

There's only two chapters left and then the epilogue. The epilogue will be two parts to show into their future a bit so that'll be fun. ☺ - B.