Chapter Nine

Selena

"Now if our bidders and auctioneers would like to join on the dance floor please do." Rick says into the microphone.

We wait to here the song and the second the sound of the first beat plays throughout the room i feel a light blush creep onto my cheeks. I look over at Chris who smirks and gives me a thumbs up. The song is 'Earned It' by The Weeknd. At home when the song first came out i would play it loud and make Chris slow dance with me to it since i would always pester him about how it's a cute song to slow dance to. My thoughts are broken when Harry lightly tugs on my hand and leads me to the dance floor where the other girls are already dancing. We come to a stop in the middle of the dance floor, we stand there for a moment before he takes my right hand in his left one, and his left hand on my waist. I hesitate on bringing my left hand to his shoulder but manage to do so.

He takes the first step and we begin to move slightly, swaying back and forth and in slow circles as we listen to the song. I try my best to avoid eye contact with him but that fails when i feel him give my waist a small squeeze. I peer up at him as he speaks. "We will not be going on a date Ms.Carter." He says in a stern voice. Unsure of what to say, considering he spent so much i decide to remain silent. "Did you hear me?" He asks.

"Yes Mr.Styles." I mumble quietly. He doesn't say anything afterwards but i'm still confused about this. "Why did you bid?" I blurt out.

"Excuse me?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

"You said you never bid. So why did you?" I ask.

"I am well aware of Mr.Parks' intentions. Also, i've grown to like your friend Christopher, he's amusing." He says but i'm still a bit confused.

"That dosn't really answer my question." I say quietly.

"What kind of friend would i be to Christopher if i allowed his roommate go on a date with a man who would make sure he had his way with her?" He answers lowly and i feel that queasy feeling in the pit of my stomach again.

"Oh.. well thank you." I say shyly.

"No need t thank me Ms.Carter." He says simply.

"Well you didn't need to spend five hundred thousand dollars to prevent me from a date." I mumble in a slight whisper.

"I have the money." He says.

"I figured since you bid with cash." I respond. "You could've done much more important things with that money. Spent it on something useful for you." I chuckle.

"I make half of that amount every hour. I think i have enough money to throw out there Ms.Carter." He smirks slightly.

"You think." I huff in a chuckle shaking my head.

"Does that amuse you?" He asks.

"No, your ego does." I chuckle.

"You have quite the mouth on you Ms.Carter."

"You have no idea." I chuckle.

"I bet." He says, his lips curving into a small smirk. Then i realize why he's smirking, that came out wrong.

"Wait, no i didn't mean like th-" I begin but am interrupted when the song finishes and people in the room begin to clap. Another song begins and Harry tells me we should go back to the table.

"Tell you what," he says and i look at him as we make our way back to the table. "Because you were so concerned that i spent 'so much' money, we will have our date. So you don't think the money was a waste." He says.

"Oh, i-uh. If you want? I mean it's up to you." I stutter shyly.

"My only free day this week is Tuesday. I would suggest the weekend but i am going out of town. So Tuesday we will have the our date." He says and i nod.

"Will Cara be okay with it?" I ask a bit worried.

"Ms.Delevingne is not my girlfriend. So this does not concern her." He answers simply. "I do not do relationships, nor do i date." He adds.

"But you'll go on this date?" I ask.

"Consider this a one time exception Ms.Carter." He says as we approach our table. Cara is already back and he takes his seat beside her. I make my way to my side and sit down in previous seat between Chris and Niall. I glance up to see Cara nuzzled up into his side, his arm sprawled out behind her chair as his hand rests on her waist. I feel a bit guilty for some reason. He says she's not his girlfriend but it doesn't seem that way and i wouldn't want to cause nor have any problems.

"Five hundred thousand for a date with my assistant eh?" Niall smiles and we all chuckle.

"You all told me to save her from going our with Vic." He says with a hint of a smile but it's barley noticeable.

A few minuets pass as the men all talk to each other, including Chris into their conversation. Chris really gets along with them and i know for a fact he's happy as hell about that.

"Oh my god!" Chris gasps causing all of us to quickly look at him.

"You okay mate?" Louis asks.

"I fucking love this song!" He beams causing all of us to chuckle. I listen to hear for the song and hear it's 'Rock My World' by Michael Jackson. "Come on bitch we're dancing!" He squeals as he stands and grabs my arm pulling me with him. I giggle as i follow him and join the other people on the dance floor.

He grabs my hand and spins me as he lets go, i laugh throughout the time we dance as he dances silly and lets loose. Chris is an incredible dance but also one that you can't help but laugh at. He grabs my hand again for another twirl and when i'm facing him again i glance up to our table to see Cara and the guys smiling and chuckling at Chris's dance moves. Harry's gaze is on me and i feel the intimidation again. He doesn't even have to say anything but he makes me feel so small and weak under his stare. As he continues to stare at me i break eye contact momentarily before bringing it back to him to find his gaze still on me. For some odd reason, i feel he gives off less of what he really is. People say he doesn't care about anybody but himself and his family. I've heard he's obnoxious and just flat out mean. He comes off as this rich, intimidating, powerful, mysterious billionaire but i get this feeling that there is so much to him than that.