Chapter Nineteen

"Down on the West Coast they got a sayin 'If you're not drinkin then you're not playin'. But you've got the music, you've got the music in you, don't you?"

Song: West Coast

Artist: Lana Del Rey

Selena

These past two weeks have dragged, filled with nothing but meetings, paperwork, emailing, scheduling meetings and canceling then then rescheduling them.

I haven't spoken to Harry since that Wednesday I left his office. He's texted me twice but me being the stubborn person I am, I chose not to reply. The first text he simply said 'Selena'. The second was two days later saying 'stop avoiding me.' After not responding to that one I guess he got the hint.

I'm not avoiding him, nor am I upset. It's just that lunch he got to know me. I told him everything. And even though it was only the second time had seen each other.. I felt this weird connection. Like a pull towards him. And as ridiculous as this sounds, the more he wanted to know about me the more I liked talking to him. The men I've spoke too before only ask simple and basic things about me. But Harry, he wanted to know about me, my life, my family and my childhood and my friendship with Chris. He would pay close attention and genuinely seemed interested.

Then we went back to his office. And that's when I was brought back into reality.

He doesn't do romance, he doesn't know how to be in a relationship. He's not into that. It's foreign to him and he makes it seem like it's impossible for him but I have to respect that. He was sort of rude about it though, they way he demanded j don't speak of the kiss we shared or act as if the lunch date didn't happen.

"Hey slut." A voice interrupted my thoughts as I was typing away on the laptop.

"Hi." I chuckle when I see Chris standing in the doorway.

"Niall needs you in his office." He smiles and I nod as I stand up. "Still up for that sushi place tonight?" He asks.

"No shut idiot." I laugh and playfully smack him behind the head as I pass him in the doorway. He goes back towards the elevator as I enter Niall's.

"Hey." I smile as I enter.

"Selena." He smiles. Ever since we got drunk at that night club me him and Chris have had more a friendship. Even at work we act as if he wasn't our boss.

"I need this to be read over please." He says and hands me a file. Nodding I take it and make my way out of his office. "Wait." He says and I turn around. He stands from his desk and walks over to one of the closets. I watch as he opens it and grabs something.

"Niall" I scold.

"He gave me the order to give it to you." He says as he holds a bouquet of pink roses and a small black box. Shaking my head i grab the flowers and the box then make my way back to my office.

When i get to my office i place the bouquet flowers on my desk along with the box then sit on my chair and pull the document out of the file and begin to read over it. Half way through it i hear a knock on the doorway and look up, my mouth going dry and suddenly feeling extremely nervous.

"Miss Carter." He smirks.

"Mr.Styles." I say simply.

He smiles as he walks into my office and sits down on one of the chairs in front of my desk. "I see Niall gave you my gift." He says and nods towards the flower and the box.

"He did." I nod simply.

"You haven't unwrapped the box i see."

"I haven't." I answer simply.