Chapter Twenty Six

"I don't have much to give, but I don't care for gold, what use is money, when you need someone to hold? Don't have direction, I'm just rolling down this road, waiting for you to bring me in from out the cold.."

Song: Leave Your Lover

Artist: Sam Smith

Selena

"I'm working." I manage to say after a moment of just standing in place. I walk further into my office and walk pass him to sit at my desk. After placing my coffee down i sit down in my office chair and open up emails to the representatives to start emailing them.

"Selena." He says simply.

"What?" I ask in annoyance. I frown at how it may have sounded rude. "I'm sorry i didn't mean to say it like that." I say quietly.

"Talk to me." He says calmly.

"You're the one who wanted me to listen last night." I furrow my eyebrows.

"Okay then. I'll talk." He says. I want to ask him wasn't that the whole idea in the first place but decide not to get smart. "What were you doing there last night?" He asks.

"Well, considering it's a restaurant, i was having dinner with my sister." I answer.

"That's it?" He asks.

"We talked?" I answer in confusion.

"How did you know i was going to be there?" He asks.

"I didn't." I answer with furrowed eyebrows. "You guys were sitting behind me. And before you ask how i knew that, Claire told me when she saw you guys first arrived." I add.

"Is that why you looked upset when you saw us together?" He frowns.

"No, she didn't even know who it was. She thought Cara was your sister." I answer.

"And how did she know i have a sister?" He asks.

"She asked, how else?" I answer, a bit annoyed to his questions.

"Did you tell her she was my sister?" He asks.

"No, she made a comment that made me curious. So i turned around and we both saw you guys kiss. So she figured it wasn't your sister." I answer simply as i continue typing on the keyboard.

"You um, you saw that?" He asks quietly. Instead of answering i just look up at him and nod. Then proceed with the emails. "Can you look at me when i speak to you please." He says but it comes out more of a demand. I stop typing and spin my chair slightly so i'm now facing him. I cross my legs and place my hand sin his lap as i look up at him.

"There." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"It's not what you think it is." He says.

"What are you talking about?" I ask in confusion. "Cara? Harry you don't need to explain yourself to me about that." I chuckle.

"I don't want you to think me and her are anything." He says simply.

"What you do is your business." I shrug.

"Why are you being complicated?" He asks in annoyance.

"Complicated? I'm being anything but! If i was being complicated i would assume you were a thing with her while leading me on. But i'm not. Because your relationship with her is none of my business. I'm nobody to you so there's no need to give me an explanation." I snap.

"You think you're nothing to me?" He says lowly.

"I know i'm nothing to you. We're friends if anything." I answer.