Chapter 24

Was there a specified amount of nagging someone could withhold in a day? Probably not but if there was you could have sworn that you had heard it all today. The voice of Miss Kwan was still echoing in your ears as you exited her office.

Why did I even come here in the first place?

You left a sigh of disappointment to escape your lips, inwardly regretting bitterly that you went to work for the shift you had originally canceled and for which you were already, way too late to start, yet you had thought that coming now would save you some hours down the day but that was because you hadn't predicted that Miss Kwan would keep you at her office for a whole hour lecturing you about responsibilities and how closed you were to getting fired.

Of course, she had some points and you knew that yet you had hoped she would let it go, considering the late hour and the already tired state which you were in. To no one's surprise though, your exhaustion was something that didn't interest anyone.

You walked down the corridors towards the elevator near which you had left your cleaning card before Miss Kwan was to take notice of your presence there. Another mistake, you should have just avoided it at all cost till morning at least.

Dumb dumb dumb!

You hit your forehead in irritation before you left your body posture get lose over your cart which was waiting for you there untouched.

"Let's just finish this. I can do it." You murmured to yourself before pushing the button to call the elevator.

---time skip---

Jimin entered his van and greeted DongMin 'good morning' with a voice that betrayed his sleepiness cause of the few hours he had got to rest, hours that were obviously not enough.

"Should I get you some boosting vitamins on the road?" DongMin asked him just by giving him a glance through the mirror, the dark circles visible under his eyes.

"Yeah, definitely." Jimin smiled slightly as he leaned on the window and made himself comfortable planning to steal some minutes of sleep till he was to reach the set.

The vehicle took off in silence after that, DongMin looking from time to time at him in nervousness as he wasn't sure how to bring up the thing he himself had gotten to know just an hour ago. He had woken up like every other day and in a hurry had started getting ready for work while simultaneously checking his notifications in case and messages and to his surprise, among them was a voice message from you which told him that you wouldn't be coming anymore and that he needed to find a way to break this to Jimin.

To say that his blood pressure had hit the ceiling first thing in the morning would have been too little as not only you had decided to leave as abruptly as you had told him to get you close to Jimin, but you had the audacity to not pick up any of his phone calls after, leaving him in crisis.

How could he tell him that you had quit training or something when he had done so much work for him to believe that you were an actress trainy of the company and had taken it so seriously to guide you? He swore that this seemed like you had done all this just to get him in trouble and expose him for lying.

"Why are your eyes not on the road?" Jimin spoke, startling DongMin who looked ahead and gripped tighter the steering wheel.

"W-What? I am, of course, I am." Unfortunately for him though his reply was way too obvious that something was off with him, enough to make Jimin giggle from the back seat and open his eyes.

"Just tell me."

"Well...Y/N" He started his eyes looking quickly from the road to him and back on the road.