Chapter 79

Pain creates monstrosities as well as philanthropists. It molds people anew and redefines the essence of their souls. It divides the good from the evil. However, if pain is the same, how come the outcome varies? What is it that makes a hurt person choose to break others as much as he has been broken or embrace and help others, just so none could end up as broken as him?

A choice. A decision that is taken almost unconsciously, swayed by the force of our emotions. Before you even know it, you can find yourself in the path of a villain, you could find yourself having made so many mistakes. The world is full of people that have grown cruel and cold because of pain, and have acted toward others in ways someone could consider wrong. Someone could argue that the ones that made him cruel deserve his cruelness, the ones that hurt him should be hurt back yet when that happens when you are the one that returns to them their deeds, you become equal to them. For no matter, the cause and what pushed someone to do something wrong, in the end, the essence of the action doesn't change. 

You wouldn't look at a killer as less of a sinner because he simply was a victim at the beginning of the story. Some may sympathize or even understand how he ended up being that, however, his action weighs alone and seals him as a human being. When you kill you are a murderer, when you steal, you are a thief, when you lie you are a liar. No matter what the reason had been. Once you get a label, you can no longer get rid of it and that's how your mistake represents you, it forms you. That choice that you take under the influence of the most painful moment in your life, could shape a villain into a hero and a hero into a villain.

However, between those two, there exists a grey area, which falls for the ones that hide their true selves. The villains who act cruel but hurt themselves while doing so, because they are scared deep down to show their kindness to anyone for it was once taken for granted or it was used. And there are the ones that wish for the downfall of people around them, and hate seeing others happy, but pretend to be kind and understanding because they are afraid of being discovered as well as fearful of heaven's judgment.

How can a mare human being judge correctly all these kinds of people? When you can't see what's in the heart of a villain or a hero? When you can't know if a mistake was made consciously or unconsciously? Forcefully or with pleasure.

Someone could say that it didn't matter. If someone tries to harm you, then you should see them as an enemy but Jimin couldn't allow himself to throw his psychiatrist into that category even though it was clear that she had made a move against him and most likely was siding with his enemies, while continuing fooling him and his cousin as well.

Jin had said nothing to him, however, he couldn't help but realize that he was eagerly waiting for her to question her, somewhere inside him, hoping that she would have a good explanation for this and Jimin did too to a point, handing on that benefit of the doubt and trying to reassure himself that she was not that kinda person and all these years that they know her, could not end in such a disappointing way.

He truly hoped she could have a good reason for he wouldn't like to see Jin heartbroken because unlike him, Jin had been with her for four years now and even had thoughts of spending the rest of his life together with her, as he one night had confessed to him.

The sound of the doorbell ringing was what brought the silence between them to an end and made them both instantly stand up from the couch, for they were both waiting for Jiya's arrival and yours however since Jimin didn't know yet which of the two had managed to reach at his apartment first, he grabbed Jin's forearm and halted him in place once he tried to walk away to answer the door.

"I will get it, you stay here." He told him, in an attempt to give him some more minutes to prepare himself to face his girlfriend is she was the one at the door. Jin reluctantly pulled his arm away from his hold and stepped aside, listening to him, even though not for the same reason Jimin wanted him to stay back. He was boiling inside to the point that he was a bit scared himself that he may lose his temper, before giving her a proper chance to explain and he could end up ruining everything, simply because he was being swayed by his emotions and the clues that were pointing at her.