Chapter 76

Have you ever seen a mountain crumble? Their fall is always so massive and impactful, so visible and grand, but for it to come to that moment of total collapse, every mountain goes through a silent process of erosion. The earth is eaten from the inside, gradually, losing essential things that keep the crust of the surface standing seemingly strong. You could never know just by a simple look, what's going on under the hard surface of the land. Just like you will never know what goes on, behind the eyes of a human being, that flashes you a smile.

How much of his essentials inside were decaying? How close was he to a grand and massive breakdown? Just like nature itself, humans were always capable of hiding things behind a surface and sure Jimin was a master at it, however for some unknown reason, as he stood seated on your couch, listening to DongMin and you arguing, he caught himself so close to the edge of losing control and allowing his pain surface.

Words sure should not be something to get to him, but maybe because they came from someone he considered a friend, such as DongMin was, their previous short conversation, had left a bitterness inside him, that kept dripping into his chest, despite the fact that minutes had passed.

Did he truly come off as someone heartless? Did he really seem like someone who played with others and love itself and why does that thought make him feel slightly offended? Obviously, it was because if someone had ever played with his feelings so far in love, that has always been the partner he had across him.  In every try he had done, he had always gone in with sincere intentions and gotten out of it slightly burned, but at that very moment, he couldn't help but realize that he was evident to be blamed. Maybe not because of the same reason his manager thought, but simply because he chose to be blind and start relationships he deep down knew that would fail him.

Most likely such was the case with you too. You were a good person and someone he had found himself sympathising with, but he was fully aware that if he was to start anything other than a friendship, it would fail simply because he was destined for it. The collision between his hopes for love and reality, felt like it bruised his heart, causing him to be sadder than he should appear. What excuse was he to have after all, if anyone was to question him, why was he down all of a sudden.

"How is it my fault that you got out of your apartment without wearing shoes? No normal person runs after someone after seeing some files on a table. What kind of thief leaves things instead of taking them?" DongMin reasoned against your accusation that he caused you to run like that and dirty your socks as well as get your feet freezing.

"I just woke up okay? You can't question my logic, you should be thankful I reacted, to begin with. And how the heck did you got onto my house? Did you steal my keys?" You went off, making him present you his fully offended facial expression before he explained that he found the door open.

"You are the one who is being irresponsible. Having a star in your house and not even locking properly. You are putting him in danger!"

"Look who is speaking. The one who was trying to act behind his back!" 

"It was not like that!!" 

"Can you both cut it out!" Jimin found himself finally snapping, as the more your voices echoed around, the more he was feeling like he was losing oxygen.

Both you and DongMin fell quiet and looked his way, slightly feeling bad as you both scratched your heads while looking around the room.

"Go pack my bag and gather the scripts so brought over. I will pass the remaining two days I have of my break at my house." His words made you snap your attention at him, a look of confusion all over your face, as you didn't understand why was he taking such a decision suddenly when you hadn't done anything.