Chapter 48

BreeAhn gave you a confused look as you reopened the door for her with a smile on your face then she obviously could not help but ask if everything was okay with you. An answer to which you responded positively before welcoming her inside and she gave you one more look of wonder before proceeded to get into your apartment in which she has been in, only two times so far in her life.

As she threw her eyes around, she could tell that nothing much seemed to have changed except the mess on your desk that looked worse than the one she remembered. "I assume you just got off from your shift and went to write right away again." She uttered having noticed the fact that the laptop was on and you just gave her an awkward smile, not intending to tell her anything about your shift that she did not even need to know.

"Take a seat, would you like some coffee? Ah, I have ordered breakfast for the two of us. I don't know if you have eaten yet though?" You ranted a bit, bringing up the breakfast for two to have a ready excuse in case the order was to come while she was still there.

"Say what?! She is gonna eat my share of the breakfast now?!" Jimin muttered to himself in the closet as he could faintly hear your conversation because you had forgotten your bedroom door slightly open and the sound could travel pretty well.

"You don't know that I never leave the house without eating? Of course, I have eaten." BreeAhn seemed slightly annoyed at you for the fact that you even dared to question something she had told you many times.

"Oh well, it's okay. I will eat it throughout the day then. I will just get you your coffee." You smiled and turned to walk to your kitchen, leaving aside her attitude that never was so great when it came to you.

"I don't drink coffee. Just leave it. "She threw her bag on the couch and finally took her seat, crossing her legs and her arms while her gaze travelled the place and you just turned back around, feeling slightly bad for once more you were failing to communicate right with your sister and have a good time for once.

You cleared your throat and scratched a bit your head before approaching her and taking a seat beside her, soon asking her about what was the reason that she came to see you since obviously opening any small talk with her felt as if it was bound to only make her more irritated and you more hurt.

"What? You seriously have no clue why I would have wanted to see you?" BreeAhn raised an eyebrow at you, looking as if she was getting more and more annoyed with you by the second and that expression make you hesitate to reply however since you had no idea why you could not help but state that.

"Ah seriously, you are impossible. The only thing you care about is the writing of your and your mother's death anniversary. All the rest of us might as well screw ourselves, for you would care none, right?"Her words felt like an attack and they sure well triggering enough to make you stand up before her and glare at her with a serious face.

"First of all, be careful with how you speak around me and second of all, I hope you know that you are my little sister but that does not give you the right to come looking for a fight. If you have something going on, just say it. I have no time for this." You surely didn't intend to be harsh towards her and you always tried your best not to, but there were times like these where she would cross a line and that would inevitably make you put her back in her place.

She only scoffed at your words then fell silent for a bit, making you exhale a deep breath before seating back down next to her.

"Dad's birthday is coming up."She finally uttered and your eyes grew wide for a moment, listening to that information as something new yet unwelcomed.

"So? What do you want me to do about it?"

"You have never wished him all these past years nor you ever showed up on his birthday celebration. Don't you think that you have kept this resentment towards him for long enough?" You felt heat rising inside your veins and travelling towards your brain at the thought and only of you actually doing such a thing. You got so mad that you couldn't help but stand up again and laugh a bit at the absurdity that she was requesting because you sure were aware that her words hid a request inside which you would rather die than take.