Chapter 58

The room had fallen silent briefly as soon as the director's scream had echoed around, freezing your actions as well as Jimin's who pulled away from the pliers and freed his finger. With a smile on his face, he brought his hand around the Director's neck and pulled his face closer to his, noticing how his breath hitched before his piercing eyes.

"You took the right decision Director. No amount of money could do you good after you were to pass through my hands...So let me ask one more time. Who made you fire me?" Jimin's seriousness had the man feel the anxiety he was causing get to his head for somehow he was leaving a dangerous aura that had wrapped around his brain and had made him truly believe that he was nothing but a speck of dust before him.

"I-I really wasn't planning to...but they threatened to fire me. I can't allow getting dirt on my reputation. I have a family. I can't ruin my marriage. Please understand." The man's words left you all guessing about what kind of dirt they had on him and that made you instantly grow angrier for he was nothing but one more pathetic cheater apparently.

"Did I ask you about the story of your life? Just give me a name before I lose my patience with you!" Jimin raised a bit the tone of his voice as he tighten the grip around the man's neck and he closed his eyes tightly for a second then proceeded to speak again.

"It was Mr. DuHo, Jeon Jungkook's manager. He contacted me and threatened me and even paid me off to keep quiet and announce to the media that I fired you cause you were caught molesting a worker on set."

"What?!" DongMin showed his surprise as he was hearing for the first time that name yet you and Jimin were kinda expecting him to have been involved even though not this directly as he apparently had.

"Did I molest a male or a female?" Jimin questioned him and the director gave him a confused look for he wasn't expecting such a reply.

"Eh? Does it matter? I- I don't know...I wasn't gonna involve anyone else and mention names." 

"Tsk, wrong move. If you want to frame me, you should do it right! What if I were to pay someone and claim they were the one you were talking about and make you a fool that just misunderstood a situation? Your preparations and the way you try to bring your plans to life is disappointing." Jimin scolded him as if he wanted them to succeed, then he stepped away from him and walked over to his couch, looking rather comfortable.

"It's the second time I hear you say that you are disappointed by your enemies' tries. You make me question if you yourself are on your side sometimes." You walked towards him with the tape still at hand and DongMin followed, making the Director look at you all with wide eyes, at the fact that you seemed to have just ignored him and left him there tied up on the chair.

"Most likely it's because he feels like they are underestimating him and that's bothersome. He is quite prideful, you know." DongMin proceeded to solve your curiosity on the matter and Jimin just looked at you both and smiled a bit.

"Well, I don't know if I would call him prideful. Maybe arrogant define him better sometimes, but still, he should be thankful that guy is bad at his work instead of complaining."

"You can't understand a man's pride Y/N. That's all it is to this. Just let it go." DongMin brought his hand on your shoulder as he jokingly replied to you and you turned and gave him a look before you brought your hand above his and looked him straight in the eyes.

"You can't understand about a man's pride either since you don't have any." You shoved his hand away as soon as you replied making Jimin stand up from his seat and place his hands on top of your heads, making you both turn your attention at him simultaneously.

"|I would really appreciate if you two stop making me feel like a third wheel stuck in between a quarreling couple." He gave you a thin smile that made you both realize that there laid a thin layer of irritation behind it yet his use of words had irritated you more.