Chapter 30

You brought yourself to stand up and quickly proceeded to help Jimin stand up in a seating position. His facial expression still displayed unpleasantness from the fall that you made him withstand, a fact that made you apologise once again, feeling guilty for you were the cause of his physical pain right now.

For some strange reason, however, he did not reply. He just stared at you for a moment then proceeded to stand up fully, making you follow his lead.

"So..em..are you okay?" You reluctantly asked since from the moment you had locked eyes with him earlier, something still felt off to you.

You could not pinpoint exactly what since he seemed just as before but something inside you had made you alert as if you were standing in front of a stranger which you should be cautious of. It was not the first time you had this kinda gut feeling when it comes to him, but it had never proved to anything. At previous times however you had something to blame your delusions too while now you practically had nothing.

You were not scared or intimidated by him nor you were nervous and alarmed because he was a stranger despite the fact that you still didn't know him much, you were sure that you were not afraid of him anymore but it seems that such a conclusion of yours was wrong. 

I have grown more antisocial than I would like to admit, it seems and I get alert for no evident reason.

You concluded in your head as you watched him walk inside the room and lay on the bed that was there.

"Are you sure you aren't hurt anywhere? " You questioned once again making Jimin let his eyes fall on you sharply.

"You better never do something as dangerous again or I swear that I will let you fall flat on your face next time." He finally spoke, the aura that was earlier around him somehow shifting to the previous one that made you feel comfortable around him again.

"I am sorry but just to make things clear, I did not ask you to receive me, to begin with. It was your decision to try to catch me and as such, you should hold responsibility for your actions." He chuckled a little at your words in a way that made you understand that he was not appreciating your smart and ungrateful - according to him- reply.

"Just go, we can talk later. Go." He motioned with his hand for you to leave and you didn't hesitate to do so casually at first but by the time you reached the door, you recalled the fact that you were at work and that Sonia was waiting for you one floor above.

Jimin stayed still till he heard the sound of the door closing then brought his body to stand up, taking the cap he was wearing out of his head then proceeded to look towards the door one more time for security reasons.

After that, he couldn't help but let an exhale escape from his lips right before his hands found their way to his head, holding it tightly as if that would prevent the piercing pain that had taken over him.