Chapter 61

They say that eyes are a mirror of the soul and if you wanted to know the truth about someone, you should take a good look at their eyes yet the more you saw into his orbs the more they perplexed you.

They felt like an endless labyrinth without an exist but that might as well be what his soul really was. A place that entangled that he couldn't find his own real self.

"I will get you some tea to relax you. Wait here." You gave him an excuse to get away from him but he stood up from the bed immediately and stepped closer.

"Don't leave me alone." He tagged on your sleeve like a kid that was afraid to be left in the dark even though you understood well that the only reason that he didn't want to let you go alone anywhere was because he didn't fully trust yet the fact that you were on his side.

He was obviously on his toes, alert about everything that you may try to do but so were you about him.

"Okay, you can wait at the couch. " You took his hand and brought him to the living room, and let him there, knowing that your phone was on the table and he could see your back from where he was, so he would be reassured.

You walked on the kitchen fully aware of the fact that his eyes were on you and after you took some deep breaths and started grabbing cups and turned the boiler on, you took that moment to try and think calmly of solutions. Hitting him with something on his head to make him unconscious could prove to damage him or could end up in a fail you would most likely regret,so that wasn't the best option to go.

Your hands were trembling a bit as you felt the pressure of time ticking in your brain right as the boiler went off, letting you know that the water you needed was already ready to use. Minutes had never felt to pass this fast and you almost cursed at the machine as you poured the water on the cup and placed the tea bag in it along with three spoons of sugar.

You had prepared it as if it was for yourself, forgetting to ask with how much sugar he would have preferred it but as you placed it in the small table before him,he gave you a smile regardless and took it in his hold, carefully taking a sip while you stared at him, in hopes that he was oblivious of your swirling thoughts.

"Mmm it's hot. " He complained a bit and you gave him a small smile which you hoped that it didn't appear too awkward only for a thought to suddenly cross your mind and make your eyes grow wide a bit.

"Come take a seat. Why are you standing there?" He patted the place next to him but all you were thinking at that moment were the needles that Jin had entrusted you with in cases like these. Needles you had left at the inner pocket of your Jacket as you carried them around with you just in case.

How could you go get them and distract him enough to give you an opening to pierce him with it however? It sure didn't sound like an action that could be done casually.

"Yeah I will but,let me get my coat real quick. It's really chilly in here or is it just me? I am sorry, you must be cold too. I don't have a heating system to make the ambient temperature warm enough." You started rambling in order to keep his thoughts occupied as you grabbed your coat and put it on then joined him on the couch as naturally as possible.

"Maybe you would like to have a blanket. I can get it for you?" You suggested right as you sat down only to stand up again, trying to find a moment where you could fill the needle with the liquid that the bottles on your pockets contained.

"Sure, thank you." He surprising replied positively and you gifted him a smile as you walked in your bedroom and with trembling hands you hurried to rip the plastic container of the needle and stick it to the little bottle, pulling inside of it a good amount of the transparent looking liquid that's supposed to make him unconscious.