Chapter 40

DongMin was in the make-up room, standing at a corner as he was waiting for Jimin to be ready for the shooting. Usually, he does not follow him in such rooms except if he has work relating things to discuss with him and the time he has at hand is limited but after what happened earlier, he does not plan on letting him get out of his sight.

While standing there, however, he found himself being worried not only for Jimin but you too, since he had no idea what you and Jimin had planned and where were you right now or doing what exactly. He couldn't help but feel uneasy at the thought that you may be doing something dangerous and you could get in trouble, yet dared not texted you and ask since he knew that you most likely would ignore him, to not say worse.

He was aware that if he was to display the slightest care towards you, you most likely would hate that and get mad at him, for he had no place to be worrying or caring towards you after what he had done to you. He knew he was at fault and surely he had regretted it but apologizing was not something he was ever planning to do, because he already knew your reply to that and he found himself worthy of your rejection.

So many years have passed and he sure was just fine, not thinking about you often nor dwelling in guilt as long as he used to at a point for he had cheated on you and hurt you, but now that he had you in his daily life again, his feelings did not allow him to be as neutral as he wished to think he was towards your existence.  Even he felt bothered when he was to catch himself caring about you, like that certain moment he was.

"Are we on time?"Jimin's voice brought his mind back to the present moment and DongMin checked the screen of his phone before giving him a positive reply. 

Jimin stood from his chair and walked towards the exit after that, intending to reach the ballroom where the rest of the crew should be, getting ready to film this bittersweet dance scene that he was fond of while reading it on his script. It was from the few moments that he had taken a personal liking in this series he was shooting, a scene he was almost looking forward to filming since he read of it. The complexity of the emotions the characters carry while in that event, had him more than intrigued, for emotional wars within someone's soul was something he always played well. 

It was familiar to him. The taste of the ashes such inner buttles leave on someone's mouth. The smell of wounded egos and the dripping blood of cut-up pieces of a heart. He had never failed at acting such complexities the best way anyone had seen in this field and to this day no one had questioned him how he made it. Even if they were to, however, he sure would have no other choice but to reply with a lie, for he is supposed to have it all and be a human happy with their life and the blessings he had obtained.

However, many had asked him about how he had managed to develop his acting abilities to this extent without ever studying for the craft of acting as Jimin had not finished any acting courses or undergone any training. He was known as an actor, that had the skill of acting in his nature and many claimed of him to be a born talent yet he sure knew that he was not born like this. He sure agreed that it was natural though, cause it flowed from within him as easy as he breathes.

Every time Jimin was faced with such questions and claims, he never agreed publicly on them, instead, he always said that everything had a price and for every skill, people need to put efforts and cultivate it right, and he just like any other, had surely paid the price to obtain his. Claims that were true yet no one believed him, that becoming a boost to the claims that portrayed him as humble. It was really funny to him, how you can say the truth, yet people will accept the truth they prefer, but no matter how laughable he found it, he could not ridicule that behaviour for it was relatable.

"Em...can I ask you something?" DongMin spoke lowly at him as they stood in front of the elevator, and called for it to come.

"Sure, what's about?"