Chapter 78

They say eyes speak more than your mouth could ever manage, especially in the silence of a night and a pair of eyes that tried their best to avoid another, simply because he felt like no words were good enough to explain, nor he knew what he wanted to explain exactly. 

Was there a need to explain, to begin with between them? Maybe it wasn't yet Jimin could understand well that he had filled Jin with worry and unfortunately he had no choice but to add to that feeling of his.

"Just a small accident...we can hide it easily..it's not that big of a scar. "Jimin moved his now treated and bandaged hand with a smile on his face, while Jin was placing everything back on the first aid kit, that he had grown sick of seeing.

"How to hide it is the least of my concerns. How it happened, however-" Jin lifted his eyes and met his briefly as he halted his tongue, knowing that he might not want to say it out loud and neither did he want to hear it out loud yet surely they both were aware that they both knew how it had happened.

"I will call Jiya and tell her to come over," Jin uttered as he proceeded to place the kit in its usual place and Jimin just lowered his head, admitting that as his Psychiatrist she definitely needed to know of this incident and he himself felt the need to see her. It's been a while that he hasn't because of his busy schedule and he surely had been slipping a lot to points that he was in need of hearing her professional view and getting some strength from the potential hope she could give him.

He remained silent as Jin grabbed his phone, having left his own back in his house, forgetting that he had left his phone open on the text message he had received earlier and had yet to tell him about. As Jin unlocked the phone, that was the first thing he came face to face with and he couldn't help but do a double-take at him, before proceeding to get to the contacts and call his girlfriend.

He waited a bit in line, due to the late hour, guessing that she was sleeping and her sleepy voice reached his ears after, approving of his assumption. "I know it's a bad time but please come over to Jimin's house. He needs you." Jin wasted no time and after he heard her positive reply, he told her to take care on her way there before he hang up and went to open the text again, placing the phone in front of Jimin, on the counter.

"I was going to tell you..." He met his eyes, speaking the truth even though the truth was he had hesitated because he could tell how much he had saddened Jin already.

"I will trace the number right away." Was all Jin told him, seemingly unwilling to play games with whoever was attempting to cause trouble this time, because in his eyes, he deemed Jimin not in a condition to carry unnecessary stress and he especially after tonight, didn't plan on letting any further burdens on him.

"Let the sunrise at least, why to bother more peopl-"

"Shut up!" The way Jin cut him off made Jimin laugh slightly, understanding that his cousin was fed up and most likely he had turned on his protective side more than usual. The fact made him slightly happy for it was for him and it was the proof of how much he cares for him, but simultaneously he felt guilty towards him for the same reason.

"You know...I have done so little for you...Yet you always give as much as you can...I never found the strength to ask...why? I know we are cousins and best friends but...anyone would reasonably have left by now... so maybe you should too." Jin's hands halted as Jimin's words echoed in the atmosphere and he turned to look at him only to find him looking away, his fingers touching the bandage on his hand awkwardly.

"What has gotten into you tonight?"He questioned him and Jimin placed a smile on his lips, shutting down the insecurities that almost slipped on the surface at a moment that he shouldn't let them show.