Chapter 62

If You could turn back time, you would be someone you are not. If You could turn back time, you would change so many things that you wouldn't even recognize yourself. Yet if you were to do all that would you be satisfied truly with the outcome? Would erasing yourself end up, in you being happier?

Those thoughts swirled around in your mind as you stood in your living room, having picked up the book your sister once liked and Jimin was reading. A book you didn't particularly like but the main character had just spoken of his desire to turn back time and the female lead had straight out told him that she would not want someone that isn't him. A simple scene yet it got your mind diving deep, forgetting the book altogether along with the fact that you were waiting for the doorbell to go off.

After managing to place the unconscious Jimin on your bed, you had called Jin and informed him of the occurrence and despite the fact that he was supposed to come later on with DongMin, he claimed that he will get to you right away. A statement that had sure made you feel a bit more relieved for having made someone unconscious on your own, did not feel that great.

It left you with a sense of guilt even though it was for his good. It made you feel like you had harmed him and had mingled with his right to live despite the fact that you were supposed to mingle and be an obstacle when he was to not be himself. The right thing and the wrong thing was never easy to distinguish yet when it comes to Jimin's case, he sure makes it even more difficult.

Would he change anything if he could turn back time?

You wondered as you stepped up from your seat and walked to your bedroom to check on him. He was laying at the same position that you had left him as if he had never even moved an inch and that view made you lean a bit more towards him, just to check if he was really breathing as he thankfully was.

"Would I be considered nosy if I was to admit that from all the secrets that have found me till today, the one I am most curious to know is the reason that you are as messed up as you are?"You mumbled to him despite the fact that you knew well that he won't hear you but it was a wonder that you also had no business in ever asking him about so might as well say it, now that he wouldn't be able to hear it.

"Yet again you might have been born like this. No matter how far you were to travel to the past, maybe this would be inevitable anyway." You reached your hand out and moved a strand of his hair as you spoke those words and then quickly retrieved your hand as the doorbell sound startled you and made you step away from him out of reflex.

It didn't take long however for you to get yourself together and go open the door to none other than the one you were expecting to arrive. Jin looked worried as you let him in and without even a proper greeting, he found himself inside your bedroom, checking on his cousin as if he was some kind of doctor. You followed him and stood quite by the door frame, understanding his behaviour well enough but as soon as he got reassured that Jimin was fine, he turned your way and spoke thankful words which honestly you weren't expecting.

"Ah no need to thank me. I just-"

"No. I know this is not easy. Of course, I should be thankful as well as sorry to you. I apologize. You had to get through this alone."He bowed his head and spoke rather seriously making you lower your head too, as a sign of respect while you accepted his feeling as they were, without trying again to make the situation seem lighter than it was.

"Please tell me more about the situation. Which character did he take on?" Jin questioned you and you offered him to follow you to the living room where you both sat down on the couch and you explained in detail what had happened previously. What had started scaring you however was that the more you explained the more worried he had started looking.